Topics

can't update friemware.. when I install the ch341 driver I get "The drive is successfully Pre-installed in advance" #ubitx #firmware

Fast hosts

When i run xloader It says can't open port? in device manager ports section it only shows as a normal port and not as a usb to serial port. I understand that when the CH341 driver installs correctly you just get that message that it is installed correctly not what I get.. anybody any ideas please? want to put Ian's firmware on and get the Nextion display installed 73 M6OLP
--
Keith Baker - Communications technician (retired)

Jack, W8TEE

Did you mean the CH340 driver?

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 9:58:44 PM EDT, Fast hosts <keith@...> wrote:

When i run xloader It says can't open port? in device manager ports section it only shows as a normal port and not as a usb to serial port. I understand that when the CH341 driver installs correctly you just get that message that it is installed correctly not what I get.. anybody any ideas please? want to put Ian's firmware on and get the Nextion display installed 73 M6OLP
--
Keith Baker - Communications technician (retired)

Fast hosts

Update here guys.. the problem was the mini usb lead and yes, I know that should have been the first thing I checked, LOL Thanks for your response 73’s

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:37 AM +0100, "Jack Purdum via Groups.Io" <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Did you mean the CH340 driver?

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 9:58:44 PM EDT, Fast hosts <keith@...> wrote:

When i run xloader It says can't open port? in device manager ports section it only shows as a normal port and not as a usb to serial port. I understand that when the CH341 driver installs correctly you just get that message that it is installed correctly not what I get.. anybody any ideas please? want to put Ian's firmware on and get the Nextion display installed 73 M6OLP
--
Keith Baker - Communications technician (retired)

--
Keith Baker - Communications technician (retired)

Jay - WS4JM

I had this problem the first time I tried to update my firmware. What worked for me was to turn of  the power to the uBitx and only have the USB powering the Arduino, Windows (10) then recognized the serial port and all proceeded properly. It was only the initial try that required this. All subsequent tries functioned normally.