Topics

Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Nick VK4PP

Hi All.

Just wondering, With the new LPF board I'm working on, how do people feel about having the ND6T agc integrated on the board as well?

I think there is enough space to fit it in there and still maintain the same footprint of the existing LPF section.

Thoughts?
73 Nick VK4PP

Nick VK4PP

"If it smells like chicken, you're holding it wrong!"

dougfaunt@...

And don't try to catch it if you drop it.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 14:28 ohwenzelph via Groups.Io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
The guys at “soldersmoke” (should be Hairy Pahtuh’s tin whiskers and the noxious fumes of fulguratin’ rosins) said the first lesson was which end of the iron to grab...

ohwenzelph

The guys at “soldersmoke” (should be Hairy Pahtuh’s tin whiskers and the noxious fumes of fulguratin’ rosins) said the first lesson was which end of the iron to grab...

Doug W

so we're not entertaining any ideas that she could be some kind of self repairing cyborg/cylon/android/terminator?
--
www.bitxmap.com

Jerry Gaffke

For those not sure where this thread is coming from, here's the photo in question:
    https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/63764

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 08:53 AM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Spoiler alert!

iz oos

She's complaint..

Il 11/gen/2019 17:53, "Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io" <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> ha scritto:
Spoiler alert!

I mean that if not staged, she would soon be nursing some nasty 3rd degree burns.
Of course, I've never done anything like that.  ;-)

Jerry

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 04:05 AM, Bill Cromwell wrote:
You mean the complete lack of any solder or other tools anywhere in the photo? Shouldn't there be *something* in her other hand? And where is the solder smoke? I noticed all of that *after* I noticed she really is a pretty girl just as the label says:)

Jerry Gaffke

Spoiler alert!

I mean that if not staged, she would soon be nursing some nasty 3rd degree burns.
Of course, I've never done anything like that.  ;-)

Jerry

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 04:05 AM, Bill Cromwell wrote:
You mean the complete lack of any solder or other tools anywhere in the photo? Shouldn't there be *something* in her other hand? And where is the solder smoke? I noticed all of that *after* I noticed she really is a pretty girl just as the label says:)

Bill Cromwell

Hi Jerry,

You mean the complete lack of any solder or other tools anywhere in the photo? Shouldn't there be *something* in her other hand? And where is the solder smoke? I noticed all of that *after* I noticed she really is a pretty girl just as the label says:)

73,

Bill KU8H

On 1/10/19 10:26 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io wrote:
Good one!
Something tells me that's a staged photo.
Jerry, KE7ER
On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 07:21 PM, Ted wrote:
Yeah, the biggest hazard with those relays are the 8 pointy things
on the bottom, and that it takes a soldering iron to install them.
--
bark less - wag more

At 11/01/2019, you wrote:

Even worse, the mercury I fiddled with as a kid, salvaged from thermometers.
This explains all!

Remains to be seen just how hilarious cow farts are.
I use cow methane for cooking and water heating at the farm.

Raj

Jerry Gaffke

Good one!
Something tells me that's a staged photo.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 07:21 PM, Ted wrote:
Yeah, the biggest hazard with those relays are the 8 pointy things on the bottom, and that it takes a soldering iron to install them.

Ted

Yeah, the biggest hazard with those relays are the 8 pointy things on the bottom, and that it takes a soldering iron to install them.

Dan Schaefer

What’s the promotional code.  They seem to be asking for one on the order
Thanks.
Dan

On Jan 10, 2019, at 1:18 PM, MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:

Ted,
 did you watch the warning at the end
 here is it, i quote from that site.
"
MFG: AXICOM/TE
P/N: D2n V23105-A5403-A201
COIL: 12VDC/0.4W/360 ohm
CONTACT RATING: 3A@250VAC/220VDC
ACTION: DPDT
DIP Socket/PC Mount General purpose relay. uULc listed, RoHS compliant.
L: 3/4” W: 3/8” H: 7/16” WT: .005

California Proposition 65 Warning WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
(This item was manufactured prior to August 31st, 2018)

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just an FYI for people looking to swap out their relays - while they last: M.P. Jones & Accociates at  US$.79 each and they're the right part number, etc.

Mike Short <ai4ns.mike@...>

Everything causes cancer in Kalifornia. Probably living there does too.

--
Mike
AI4NS

Dr. Flywheel

Good to be cautious and prudent to warn the public about real threats. However, crying wolf too many times annuls the good intentions. It is a situation very similar to marking all documents as "SECRET" just to see real secrets escaping into the public domain.

--Ron   N7FTZ

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 5:54 PM Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
RE: What, the warning that the state of California believes these will cause reproductive harm?

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

RE: What, the warning that the state of California believes these will cause reproductive harm?

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

"As of August 2018 the State of California" ... has become even
more confused about such a simple term as "Relevancy."

Bob — KK5R

Subject: Re: [BITX20] Harmonics and Relay Replacement
To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 6:54 PM

Apparently,
the
requirements for these warnings recently changed.
Here is the
explanation from the MPJA web site, which now has
the Prop 65
warning on *every* single part they sell:

Carlos -
KJ6ST

On 1/10/2019
13:31, Bob Lunsford via
Groups.Io wrote:

That's
like the ceramic tubes used in one conduction cooled
amp by Heathkit that had a warning that said breathing the
dust from that ceramic tube was hazardous. This meant that
they did not recommend anyone use a grinder on them to
take them apart. Only a fool would do that, anyway.

Many of them were sold but I never heard of anyone being
assaulted by the dust.

California has people who sit up nights writing this stuff
up.
If it were a real unavoidable hazard, it would have been
pulled
off the market by the EPA. Still, good to know that there is
hazard with the relays. And I bet it is that something
inside
has been soldered. Also, I still use the old tin-lead solder
and
find myself worrying more about things.

Bob — KK5R

On Thu, 1/10/19, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...>

To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

Lol! So dont break it
open and lick it? That probably means it contains lead. I
worked in a clean room that used an an acid that would
destroy bone but only after time passed. We had calcium
rich
jelly so you could get to the hospital in time. All that
means is don't be stupid when installing them.

Kf4ftr

Jim Strohm

Sarma,

You may not be from around here.  California has that exact same warning atn every gas station AND every hot tub in the state.

I haven't been to California since 2003 but by now I think the warning may read: ''This whole darn state contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.  Go bck to where you came from."

Plus, they still search your car at the order for oranges from Arizona, apples from Washington, and peppers from New Mexico.  But not for non-citizens from other nations....

Ted

What, the warning that the state of California believes these will cause reproductive harm?

Carlos Puig

Apparently, the requirements for these warnings recently changed.  Here is the explanation from the MPJA web site, which now has the Prop 65 warning on *every* single part they sell:

Carlos - KJ6ST

On 1/10/2019 13:31, Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io wrote:
That's like the ceramic tubes used in one conduction cooled
amp by Heathkit that had a warning that said breathing the
dust from that ceramic tube was hazardous. This meant that
they did not recommend anyone use a grinder on them to
take them apart. Only a fool would do that, anyway.

Many of them were sold but I never heard of anyone being
assaulted by the dust.

California has people who sit  up nights writing this stuff up.
If it were a real unavoidable hazard, it would have been pulled
off the market by the EPA. Still, good to know that there is a

 To: BITX20@groups.io