Topics

raduino 1.28.1 stuck in fine tuning mode #bitx40help #radiuno #firmware

Ed.T - aa2mz

Hi all!

Searched but could find anything:

My raduino comes up in fine tuning mode and I can't get it out of that mode.
The function button does nothing but is connected since holding it during a power up does the expected factory reset.

BTW, bootloader on my nano didn't work so I programmed it with ISP, downloaded and verified fine.

Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much, Ed.T aa2mz

ajparent1/KB1GMX

What version code did you load?  there are many and some are better than others.

Ed.T - aa2mz

Thank you. All the versions can be confusing too!
I cloned https://github.com/amunters/bitx40

- Ed.T. aa2mz

Allard PE1NWL

Hi Ed,
did you install the SPOT/FINE button?
It seems as if the SPOT button is pressed (switch closed) all the time.
It should be normally open.
Could be a bad switch or incorrect wiring.

Using a DVM, measure the voltage at pin D4 (connector P3)
see https://github.com/amunters/bitx40/blob/master/raduino_pin_layout.png
Voltage should be HIGH (over +4V) when SPOT button is NOT pressed, and LOW (almost 0V) when the button is pressed.

73 Allard PE1NWL

Ed.T - aa2mz

Okay! D4 is low and I don't know why. I traced it back to the mcu just fine and doesn't appear shorted either.

I haven't connected anything to it, have only connected the FB and I looked I the code and it is initialized to pull up...

If I pull the pin high externally, the screen (only) shows "7.125 USB" and nothing works.

I'm going to verify that I have a working D4 and if not, assign SPOT to a different pin.

That's my best guess for now ! aa2mz

Ed.T - aa2mz

Well, that was supposed to read "7.125 LSB".

Solved, sort of...
Turns out that nothing on D port works. I redefined all the unused (so far) inputs onto the analog DOT pin and now everything that can be done with the function button alone works great and I have a working radio again. It's some hardware problem somewhere and nothing to do with the fine software version. I never knew the problem before since the code shipped didn't use anything on that port. I'll need to figure out at least one more input as I really would like to get SPOT working as well.

Thanks for the ideas, 73 Ed.T aa2mz

Allard PE1NWL

Hi Ed,

well it seems you found the problem.
If none of the D inputs work then perhaps your Nano is faulty and needs to
be replaced.

73 Allard PE1NWL