Topics

KD8CEC v.1.095 CW Issue #ubitx #ubitx-help #ubitxcw

I am sure I missed this topic, but my keyer worked fine until I upgraded the firmware to KD8CEC's V. 1.095 for use with my 4.3-inch Nextion display. Since the upgrade, I can only use a straight key. What did I miss?

Mike Woods

David

Did you change the setting from ST to IA or IB in the menu?

Mike ZL1AXG

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

Mike:

The 1.095 firmware screen reads “straight” for key setting, but when I go into the menu, I cannot find anywhere to change that setting. Nor is the screen label on the screen selectable to change it????? I would think selecting Key-type and keying speed should be a very easy change right from the touchscreen main screen. But I am unable to change any of these settings.

David A Posthuma, WD8PUO

1 (616) 283-7703

Did you change the setting from ST to IA or IB in the menu?

Mike ZL1AXG

On 1/09/18 2:29 PM, David Posthuma wrote:

I am sure I missed this topic, but my keyer worked fine until I upgraded the firmware to KD8CEC's V. 1.095 for use with my 4.3-inch Nextion display. Since the upgrade, I can only use a straight key. What did I miss?

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

KD8CEC  V.1.095 FEATURE REQUEST – RE: CW Settings. Overall, I love what you have done with version 1.095. However, I wish the CW settings could be managed better. It appears that the only way to change key-type and speed is to push the main encoder, make sure Setup is On, and then find the CW type menu item. In the next firmware revision, can we have the table in the bottom left corner of the display that communicates CW information be selectable and bring us right into a large on-screen menu to make these menu selections one level deep instead of 4-5 levels deep in the menu structure? As it is, CW settings are not intuitive and it’s a bit cumbersome to work with.

Please forgive my critique, your work is truly incredible,

David A Posthuma, WD8PUO

1 (616) 283-7703

[...]

Art Olson

Believe you can push the tune button and dial to setup?  The deselect until you get to change key. The menu is still there. I am not sure but think you can change it via the screen using 1.097

Art

On Sep 2, 2018, at 4:39 PM, David Posthuma <davep@...> wrote:

[...]

It’s in version 1.097

On Sep 2, 2018, at 4:53 PM, David Posthuma <davep@...> wrote:

[...]

Very good. Is version 1.097 stable yet? Are you using it personally?

David A Posthuma, WD8PUO

1 (616) 283-7703

[...]

It has been released. Not sure lcd size you have as he only supports the small size. Lcd.

On Sep 2, 2018, at 5:00 PM, Art Olson <olson339@...> wrote:

[...]

I have a 3.5 and am patiently waiting on Alan Merrill to update the 3.5 lcd. You can load the released Hmi/tft but will only fill out 3/4 of the larger lcds