Topics

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, August 26, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

John P

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, August 26, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

Join us as we make contacts with our BitX-40s or uBitXs or anything else on 7.277 MHz in 40 meters!

This is a worldwide event for BitX40 (and other QRP) stations starting at 3PM and 7pm in each time zone. To participate, call CQ BitX on Sunday, starting at 3PM and/or 7PM your local time. The BitX QSO Night continues through the evening and conditions usually improve after sunset, so it is worthwhile to participate later in the evening.

Suggested Best Operating Practices:

Work at QRP power levels unless conditions require more power.
Call and listen for CQ BITX on the hour and every quarter hour.
It is helpful if you call CQ BITX with your callsign, name and location.
Repeat your callsign a number of times during your CQ BITX and during QSO's.
Start a QSO by confirming the callsign, location, name and signal report of the other operator.
Say the callsign, name and location of the other operator so others can hear.
If the frequency is busy, avoid long conversations.
After your initial QSO is complete, ask if there are any other stations who would like to contact.

Report your QSO's, discuss propagation, noise, signal reports, audio reports, antenna type, etc. in this thread.

This is an undirected, scheduled event.  The BITX QSO Night relies on you to call CQ BITX to initiate contacts with other stations, so warm up that final and transmit a few calls on Sunday evening.  Talk to you then!
--
John - WA2FZW

Mike KK7ER

Perhaps a future schedule could include a CW/RTTY calling frequency so that Technician Class licensees can participate.

73 Mike KK7ER

John P

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 03:34 PM, Mike KK7ER wrote:
Perhaps a future schedule could include a CW/RTTY calling frequency so that Technician Class licensees can participate.
To everyone who keep proposing other modes or other bands or other times, etc.:

Please feel free to actually make concrete proposals. I merely took over the task of posting these notices from someone else (don't even remember who). I only have a BitX-40 and a 40 meter antenna, so no other bands are available to me. I'm not set up for RTTY (yet) and my CW skills have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

So, again, make a concrete proposal and see how much interest there is.

--
John - WA2FZW

Daniel Conklin <danconklin2@...>

I'm calling CQ right now on 7.277MHZ.  I don't hear anyone else.
Dan, W2DLC

Daniel Conklin <danconklin2@...>

I gave several calls.  I'll come back in about an hour and try again.
Dan, W2DLC

Denis

Dan,

I have been calling CQ on and off from 3:00PM CST and nothing. I am not hearing much on 40M. Will look for you later.

Denis, WB8SKP

On 8/26/2018 6:23 PM, Daniel Conklin wrote:
I gave several calls.  I'll come back in about an hour and try again.
Dan, W2DLC

Daniel Conklin <danconklin2@...>

Denis,
Lots of static crashes, and very few signals.
Dan, W2DLC

Jay - WS4JM

Is this still an ongoing event? I've been out of pocket for a while but will i will be on 7.277 around 7:00 CDT (0:00 utc) October 7. Hope to catch a few of you Sunday night.

73 de Wasabi Sushi 4 Japanese Meals
Jay