From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Richard E Neese <kb3vgw@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:34:00 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] wiring harnesses

anyone here know where to get extra wiring harnesses for the ubitx and the bix40 ? we have 3 boards we recovered but no wiring harnesess

Glenn

Richard, I don't know if you could obtain the exact original harness's, but you could make your own if it comes down to it.
You could buy the connectors from Mouser/Digikey I suspect, but for the sockets you preferably need a crimping tool or its a bit tedious.

There is another way, that I have used:-
eBay has header strips and sockets you can cut to length. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PCS-40-Pin-2-54mm-Single-Row-Straight-Male-Female-Pin-Header-Strip-AD/112176232585?epid=1349422579&hash=item1a1e397889%3Ag%3A9YcAAOSwEzxYT2Oz&_sacat=0&_nkw=HEADER&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC2.A0.H0.XHEADER.TRS1.TSS0&LH_TitleDesc=0

You can cut them to length and solder wires to them, heat-shrink the solder joint for mechanical strength, then put a bit of hot melt glue over the area.  I have done this many times, pictures are of my adapter cable to fit a Nextion display to a Raduino for example.