Topics

3.2in Nextion display now looks great.

Jim Sheldon

Depends.  What changes did you make?  They need to be documented so I know what they are supposed to do.  I try not to install anything in any of my radios before I understand what it does or at least is supposed to do.

You need to start creating instruction files to go along with your changes to any firmware so others can understand what you did.

Jim

Jim

On Jul 17, 2018, at 2:17 PM, Richard E Neese <kb3vgw@...> wrote:

you willing to try a updated version of the 3.2 interface I made a few changes to make it easier to use

Malcolm

Hi Richard,
I'm happy to try an updated version of the 3.2 interface.
Regards, 
Malcolm EI8FH 

Kevin Rea

HI Richard,

I will be building my ubitx in the next few days and I already have the Nextion 3.2e to install in it…

I would try your code.

Kevin rea

Lancaster, calif.

K6rea

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard E Neese
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:18 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] 3.2in Nextion display now looks great.

you willing to try a updated version of the 3.2 interface I made a few changes to make it easier to use

Richard E Neese

Kevin Rea

Thank you Malcom.

Kevin

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Malcolm
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:52 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] 3.2in Nextion display now looks great.

Carlo and Kevin,
I bought the tuning knob ( well I bought 3 of them  !!) from this ebay seller
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Universal-Spinner-Knob-for-Radio-Amplifier-Alcoknob-K91182F-185345/260793832670?hash=item3cb88614de%3Ag%3AAAIAAOxyyjpRyH3x&_nkw=alcoknob&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2055413.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xalco.TRS0
Hope that helps.
Malcolm 

Malcolm

Kevin Rea

HI Malcom,
could you tell me where you obtained the tuning knob ?

thanks,
kevin rea
k6rea

Looks very nice Malcolm, I bought one of the 3.2E inch Nextion displays also, but I don't want to modify my already existing uBitx because it's all laid out for the 16X02 display and it looks good. I guess I'm going to have to buy another uBitx and another case. Oh well, I have to do what I have to do:-) Meanwhile this display is making me anxious to use it. I loaded the firmware into it and it works great.

Joel
N6ALT

IZ4SJP Carlo

Great job Malcolm.
Where did you buy the tuning knob?
thanks
Carlo IZ4SJP

Malcolm

Thank you Allen, I was able to remove a number of switches from my original case after changing over to the Nextion screen. I also changed some colors using the Nextion editor, just for my preference! Apologies for the incorrect spelling of your surname in my original post. I have attached a picture of my original ubitx to show the improvement. 

Allen Merrell

Malcolm, you have your rig looking very good. I like your case design. 
kn4ud
--
Allen  Merrell

VK3SQ - Geoff <vk3sq@...>

Hi Malcolm, that screen and case looks fantastic..you've  done a great job. 73 de Geoff vk3sq

Malcolm

Hi Kevin,
The case came from RS Components in the UK.
Regards ,
Malcolm. 

Kevin Rea

Hi Malcolm,
what case did you use for your ubitx ?
Kevin Rea
K6REA

Malcolm

Many thanks to Ian KD8CEC and Allen Merrill for their great work and time in producing superb operating software and display for the ubitx transceiver , very much appreciated. 
Malcolm EI8FH