Topics

Question about Nextion display and firmware

hirosmb <hirosmb@...>

Thanks, Richard.

I will join the Facebook one.

// hiro, JJ1FXF

2018/07/17 10:16、Richard E Neese <kb3vgw@...>のメール:

if you join the facebook page ubitx you will get alot of info and the 1.095 is released a cw bug has been patched
I have done alot of work on the tft/hmi files 2.4-3.5

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

Jacques,
Thinking about your idea again. Do you want to use the 2560 in place of the nano?

I looked at the schematics and it looks like it should be a 18 line connection to the corresponding pins in the 2560. Of course the 6 for the LCD display would not be needed.

I have spare 2560s and a 5" Nextion and may try to hook them up.
I don't see any advantage, except for the additional input/output and serial lines that would be available.
I haven't come up with a use for them (yet).

Let me know if that is what you want to do and I will hook mine up and give it a try.

73. Bo W4GHV since '54

Richard E Neese

if you join the facebook page ubitx you will get alot of info and the 1.095 is released a cw bug has been patched
I have done alot of work on the tft/hmi files 2.4-3.5

hirosmb <hirosmb@...>

Guys,

Sorry if I ask a silly question.

Do I have to switch Arduino nano to mega2560 if I use the Nextion display?

If it’s not the case, what is your incentive to switch them?, I’m just curious.

Thanx,

// hiro, JJ1FXF

2018/07/16 9:58、Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>のメール:

Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

f1apy - Jacques

Hello Mike and Bo,

Thank’s for your responds, I agree with Mike, I need the sketch sources, for some modifications.

eg: pins assignations, specifics functions for myself and other choices.

I can redevelop a new firmware, but the CEC firmware is very pleasant and I appreciate this very well.

Jan have make a fantastic job and why to reinvent the wheel ?

73’s de Jacques – F1APY

Then it will definitely need some changes to the sketch!   The i2c pins are different for a start.  I'm not sure what else would need modifying.

Mike

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

Mike Woods

Then it will definitely need some changes to the sketch!   The i2c pins are different for a start.  I'm not sure what else would need modifying.

Mike

On 17/07/18 4:58 AM, Bo Barry wrote:
Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

Mike Woods

I suggest writing to Ian KD8CEC.  He will proved the source code for beta releases on request.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 6:16 AM, f1apy - Jacques <f1apy@...> wrote:

Hello Bo,

Many thanks for your responds, and yes, the proc is 2560, I will be very happy

if you send me Hex file, I have just some questions about input/output pins

for identify differents functions.

vY’s 73s de Jacques – F1APY