Topics

Question about Nextion display and firmware

f1apy - Jacques

Hello Group and developpers

I’m sorry for my bad English, but I have one question about firmware of raduino to use with a nextion display,

on site I have access to Hex file, it’s right, but I plan to use a megamini-pro,

where I can obtain sources files to compil on the good processor ? or the team of dev can compile an hex file with this proc please ?

many thanks to support me

73’s de Jacques – F1APY

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

I don't think the source files for the latest CEC firmware have been released yet. I may still have an earlier version.
I think the chip you mentioned is a mega2560. If so I could send a hex file of the previous version compiled for the 2560.
If your English is bad, you should see my French . 😂 Buenos Dias. Bo W4GHV since '54

f1apy - Jacques

Hello Bo,

Many thanks for your responds, and yes, the proc is 2560, I will be very happy

if you send me Hex file, I have just some questions about input/output pins

for identify differents functions.

vY’s 73s de Jacques – F1APY

I don't think the source files for the latest CEC firmware have been released yet. I may still have an earlier version.
I think the chip you mentioned is a mega2560. If so I could send a hex file of the previous version compiled for the 2560.
If your English is bad, you should see my French . 😂 Buenos Dias. Bo W4GHV since '54

Mike Woods

I suggest writing to Ian KD8CEC.  He will proved the source code for beta releases on request.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 at 6:16 AM, f1apy - Jacques <f1apy@...> wrote:

Hello Bo,

Many thanks for your responds, and yes, the proc is 2560, I will be very happy

if you send me Hex file, I have just some questions about input/output pins

for identify differents functions.

vY’s 73s de Jacques – F1APY

I don't think the source files for the latest CEC firmware have been released yet. I may still have an earlier version.
I think the chip you mentioned is a mega2560. If so I could send a hex file of the previous version compiled for the 2560.
If your English is bad, you should see my French . 😂 Buenos Dias. Bo W4GHV since '54

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

Mike Woods

Then it will definitely need some changes to the sketch!   The i2c pins are different for a start.  I'm not sure what else would need modifying.

Mike

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

f1apy - Jacques

Hello Mike and Bo,

Thank’s for your responds, I agree with Mike, I need the sketch sources, for some modifications.

eg: pins assignations, specifics functions for myself and other choices.

I can redevelop a new firmware, but the CEC firmware is very pleasant and I appreciate this very well.

Jan have make a fantastic job and why to reinvent the wheel ?

73’s de Jacques – F1APY

Then it will definitely need some changes to the sketch!   The i2c pins are different for a start.  I'm not sure what else would need modifying.

Mike

On 17/07/18 4:58 AM, Bo Barry wrote:

Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

hirosmb <hirosmb@...>

Guys,

Sorry if I ask a silly question.

Do I have to switch Arduino nano to mega2560 if I use the Nextion display?

If it’s not the case, what is your incentive to switch them?, I’m just curious.

Thanx,

// hiro, JJ1FXF

2018/07/16 9:58、Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>のメール:

Mike, I think he wanted a hex file compiled on a mega2560 not nano.
  I was going to do that and give him the link to the uploader program. Bo W4GHV

Richard E Neese

if you join the facebook page ubitx you will get alot of info and the 1.095 is released a cw bug has been patched
I have done alot of work on the tft/hmi files 2.4-3.5

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

Jacques,
Thinking about your idea again. Do you want to use the 2560 in place of the nano?

I looked at the schematics and it looks like it should be a 18 line connection to the corresponding pins in the 2560. Of course the 6 for the LCD display would not be needed.

I have spare 2560s and a 5" Nextion and may try to hook them up.
I don't see any advantage, except for the additional input/output and serial lines that would be available.
I haven't come up with a use for them (yet).

Let me know if that is what you want to do and I will hook mine up and give it a try.

73. Bo W4GHV since '54

hirosmb <hirosmb@...>

Thanks, Richard.

I will join the Facebook one.