Topics

NEXTION DISPLAY UPDATES For KD8CEC ver 1.094 up

Joe

We are pleased to announce the release for the larger  screen size for the Nextion screens being used with KD8CEC firmware  v 1.094 and up

This release is for the 3.2 and 3.2E and for the 7 inch Nextion display.

The screens have been redeveloped with new buttons , enhanced graphics to reflect each of the 2 display sizes.
This work is on going but due to high requests we have decided to release these versions which are fully functional and utilize the full display area.

VE1BWV(Joe)  and KN4UD (Allen)

See attached files - both ,hmi and tft for each screen

Bo Barry <wn4ghv@...>

And where is the 5" version? 🤔😂

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Joe <joeman2116@...> wrote:
We are pleased to announce the release for the larger  screen size for the Nextion screens being used with KD8CEC firmware  v 1.094 and up

This release is for the 3.2 and 3.2E and for the 7 inch Nextion display.

The screens have been redeveloped with new buttons , enhanced graphics to reflect each of the 2 display sizes.
This work is on going but due to high requests we have decided to release these versions which are fully functional and utilize the full display area.

VE1BWV(Joe)  and KN4UD (Allen)

See attached files - both ,hmi and tft for each screen

Michel Dupuy

hello, have you planned the version for Nextion 3.5.

Thank you

Michel F1GTX

Kees T

WOW ! You guys are amazing. I'm very impressed with the graphics.

73 Kees K5BCQ (a non programing type)

Jim Sheldon

I really hate the Nextion editor though, The pix you have to work with runs everything together and either I'm missing something in the instructions, or this is one of the poorest designed GUI editors I've ever seen.

Jim , W0EB

WOW ! You guys are amazing. I'm very impressed with the graphics.

73 Kees K5BCQ (a non programing type)

Joe

Not yet but we are in the process of doing a 5 inch.
Work is just being finished on 3.5 ver.
Kn4ud, Allen had some computer issues.

He is going to order a 5 inch and that is the next display size on the list

Joe
VE1BWV

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018, 2:53 PM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
I really hate the Nextion editor though, The pix you have to work with runs everything together and either I'm missing something in the instructions, or this is one of the poorest designed GUI editors I've ever seen.

Jim , W0EB

WOW ! You guys are amazing. I'm very impressed with the graphics.

73 Kees K5BCQ (a non programing type)

Mike Woods

Joe

The 5" has the same resolution as the 7" so it is a simple process of changing the screen type and everything should work without any other changes required (similar to the 2.4" and 2.8" same resolution screens).

You and Allen are doing a great job in resizing for the larger screen sizes!

Mike

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

Hey Joe,

Why are there two different files for each display? I thought I read somewhere that I only need the .tft file. Do I need both on the SD card? I have a 3.2 E on order so trying to get everything ready for it's arrival.

Joel
N6ALT

Joe

Mike,

Good point.. I must run the editor and make my 7 inch  a 5 inch , compile then load into my 7 inch to see the if the button size is still large enough.
If the buttons are still large enough then the 5 would be good to go.....

Moving down in physical size is much easier  if the res is the same.
Going up in physical size causes the clarity of the graphic to  begin to loose their crisp clean appearance.

Joe
VE1BWV