Topics

Programming error message


mark bodlovich
 

Attempting ardino programming and getting this message si5351bx_setfreq was not declared in this scope. Is this normal or a problem. This is my first try at doing this.


Howard Fidel
 

Make sure you are using the latest release of the compiler, 1.8.4 and which code are you starting with?

On 7/5/2018 8:09 PM, mark bodlovich wrote:
Attempting ardino programming and getting this message si5351bx_setfreq was not declared in this scope. Is this normal or a problem. This is my first try at doing this.



Jim Sheldon
 

Actually, 1.8.5 is the latest version of the IDE/compiler and some of the newer code won't compile on V1.8.4.

Jim, W0EB

On Jul 5, 2018, at 8:44 PM, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

Make sure you are using the latest release of the compiler, 1.8.4 and which code are you starting with?

On 7/5/2018 8:09 PM, mark bodlovich wrote:
Attempting ardino programming and getting this message si5351bx_setfreq was not declared in this scope. Is this normal or a problem. This is my first try at doing this.



Howard Fidel
 

It seems like last week when I downloaded 1.8.4. I had the same issue before that.

Howard

On 7/5/2018 9:51 PM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
Actually, 1.8.5 is the latest version of the IDE/compiler and some of the newer code won't compile on V1.8.4.

Jim, W0EB

On Jul 5, 2018, at 8:44 PM, Howard Fidel <sonic1@...> wrote:

Make sure you are using the latest release of the compiler, 1.8.4 and which code are you starting with?

On 7/5/2018 8:09 PM, mark bodlovich wrote:
Attempting ardino programming and getting this message si5351bx_setfreq was not declared in this scope. Is this normal or a problem. This is my first try at doing this.




mark bodlovich
 

Well kept trying and finally got it to work. Was able to get to get the cec software to load and then the original version as well. I think it was either settings in tools or maybe a bad download. But it's working again. What I did was replaced the Arduino nano board that was bad and loaded software. Also did the popmod with the 2n7000 mosfet which works well. Ignore the pin numbering of this mod on ubitx.net. it's wrong the mosfet pins are mislabeled and messed me up. They got pin 1 and 2 reversed. Trust but verify.


Mike Woods
 

Mark

There are quite a number of audio pop mods on ubitx.net!   I have yet to rewrite the page on the pop mod, but the item here (http://ubitx.net/2018/06/24/definitive-audio-pop-fix/) which is the best of the bunch and ubitx.net recommendation for a pop mod now is the one from the ubitx v4 board.  There is indeed an error with the numering on this excerpt from the µBITx circuit diagram.

This is just an excerpt from hfsignals.com, so the error originates with Ashhar Farhan VU2ESE!

I will write to him and see if we can get this corrected.   Thanks for pointing out the problem.  I will modify the text in the article so others don't run into the same problem.

73 Mike ZL1AXG ubitx.net

On 6/07/18 7:23 PM, mark bodlovich wrote:
Well kept trying and finally got it to work. Was able to get to get the cec software to load and then the original version as well. I think it was either settings in tools or maybe a bad download. But it's working again. What I did was replaced the Arduino nano board that was bad and loaded software. Also did the popmod with the 2n7000 mosfet which works well. Ignore the pin numbering of this mod on ubitx.net. it's wrong the mosfet pins are mislabeled and messed me up. They got pin 1 and 2 reversed. Trust but verify.


--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...