Topics

Software for uBITX

Franz.Rebholz@...

Hi,

last week I got the new uBITX, it finished and work fine with software V0.20.

My question ist, what ist the newest update version which work without hardware changes?
An where I can download?

Franz

DF5GF

Tue Iron

software v4 on www.hfsignals.com
this will work on version 3/4 board

On 4 July 2018 at 14:53, <Franz.Rebholz@...> wrote:
Hi,

last week I got the new uBITX, it finished and work fine with software V0.20.

My question ist, what ist the newest update version which work without hardware changes?
An where I can download?

Franz

DF5GF

Andy V. Borisenko

Franz,
all software from KD8CEC https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/releases
software from Ashhar https://github.com/afarhan/ubitx4

Ted

I look forward to Dr Lee's really cool software being modified for the V5 uBitx kit.  Do we know if he's entertaining an upgrade for this, or is someone else considering playing with it for the changed IF, etc?

Ted
K3RTA

Jack, W8TEE

Several of us are working on the V5 changes. The JackAl touch screen, however, will look the same, as we don't think we will need any hardware changes to the board:

Inline image

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 11:09:41 AM EST, Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta@...> wrote:

I look forward to Dr Lee's really cool software being modified for the V5 uBitx kit.  Do we know if he's entertaining an upgrade for this, or is someone else considering playing with it for the changed IF, etc?

Ted
K3RTA

John (vk2eta)

<<<< I look forward to Dr Lee's really cool software being modified for the V5 uBitx kit.  Do we know if he's entertaining an upgrade for this, >>>>

Ian has stated that he is working on a V5 version of his software. It looks like new functions could be included too (power meter?, SWR meter?). See https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/65520

73, John

Ted

Thanks, John.

Ian Lee

Ted

The firmware for V5 is almost done. I am going to experiment and release some more. If you have V5, you can download the beta now.

I am still looking for someone to help me with the experiment because I do not have V5 yet.

Ian KD8CEC

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Ted

Hi, Dr Lee.

My V5 should arrive any day now, and I'll be happy to fiddle around with the basic program. I may not do much in modifications of the hardware at first but it'll get a workout at least.

Thank you for your work & your contributions to the hobby.

Ted
K3RTA

Snowist

Hi Ian,

Can we flash your V5 firmware to V4 boards?

Thanks

MVS Sarma

If I am to replly, YES, and face the consequences there on.

The firmware, we all know, is hardware dependent. Hence, one should not try every firmware for any other hardware.

All the best
Sarma vu3zmv

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019, 12:49 pm Snowist <uyelik@... wrote:
Hi Ian,

Can we flash your V5 firmware to V4 boards?

Thanks

Ian Lee

Ted
Congratulations on having a great QRP transceiver.
If you have not made any hardware modifications to your uBITX, upload the  UBITXV5_CEC_V1.120_16P.HEX   file.

Click on the link below to download.
Ian KD8CEC

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 12:28 PM Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, Dr Lee.

My V5 should arrive any day now, and I'll be happy to fiddle around with the basic program. I may not do much in modifications of the hardware at first but it'll get a workout at least.

Thank you for your work & your contributions to the hobby.

Ted
K3RTA

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Ian Lee

Snowist

If the firmware for V5 is uploaded to uBITX version 3 or 4, it will not work properly.
The firmware for V5 is the same as for V3, V4. I only compiled the same source code with the compilation conditions changed.

You do not need to upload for V5. If the function is added to the firmware later, it will be applied for V3, V4, V5 at the same time.
(Source code is one)

Ian KD8CEC

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 4:19 PM Snowist <uyelik@...> wrote:
Hi Ian,

Can we flash your V5 firmware to V4 boards?

Thanks

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Ted

I sure will install this & before trying to sabotage the hardware with "enhancements".

Thank you again for your efforts.

-Ted
K3RTA