Topics

Ubitx and QRP Guys Multi Z Tuner #ubitx-help

davedt1e@...

Hope this is an appropriate topic for the board.

Just built he QRP Guys Multi Z tuner and hooked it up to the Ubitx.  The Ubitx goes straight into TX on power up.  I was very careful in building the tuner and don't think I made any errors.

The antenna is a horizontal loop cut a bit over 40 meters and fed with ladder line.

The Ubitx behaves normally when using a dummy load or with loop hooked up for receive.

No balun is currently attached.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

Howard Fidel

Yes, I have seen similar phenomena. In my case my CW wires to my key were too close to my 50 watt linear. Your tuner is probably radiating a lot of RF.

Howard

On 7/1/2018 9:24 AM, davedt1e@... wrote:
Hope this is an appropriate topic for the board.

Just built he QRP Guys Multi Z tuner and hooked it up to the Ubitx.  The Ubitx goes straight into TX on power up.  I was very careful in building the tuner and don't think I made any errors.

The antenna is a horizontal loop cut a bit over 40 meters and fed with ladder line.

The Ubitx behaves normally when using a dummy load or with loop hooked up for receive.

No balun is currently attached.

Any ideas as to what's happening?

davedt1e@...

Never mind for now.

It would appear that the problem now occurs without the tuner hooked up.  I've got some kind of mic or mic jack problem.  I guess it's just coincidence that it started when I hooked up the tuner.  Seems a little odd though.

Lawrence Galea

Are you using screened enclosures for the μbitx and tuner?

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 4:14 PM, <davedt1e@...> wrote:
Never mind for now.

It would appear that the problem now occurs without the tuner hooked up.  I've got some kind of mic or mic jack problem.  I guess it's just coincidence that it started when I hooked up the tuner.  Seems a little odd though.

Doug W

double check you have a 4.7k resistor across Radiuno pins 2 & 3 and recheck all your ground connections
--
www.bitxmap.com