Topics

JackAl board pricing

Jack, W8TEE

Not yet. We are getting bids on the complete assembly of the PCB, so that all the SMD's are in place. We do know that the Teensy 3.6 is $30 and their audio board which piggybacks on the Teensy and we use for DSP is $14 and the 5" touch screen is a little under $35 (7" is about $45). Our best guess is that the board will be sold for $40-$50. So the bad news is that our addon is almost as much as the µBITX. However, when you're done, you'll have a pretty impressive xcvr. Also, we have some interesting plans for Rev 2.0 software, too, so it will be an ongoing project. BTW, the audio library is a treasure trove of functionality, including a worthwhile FFT library. Finally, we've added a small knot of extra I/O pins which coupled with 1MB of flash and 256K of SRAM should make it a hacker's dream. Despite all that we've done, we're still using less than 20% of the flash and only 12% of the SRAM. Al and I are expecting great things from you people down the road!!

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, June 29, 2018, 2:38:15 PM EDT, Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...> wrote:

Have any pricing done on them yet?

PeteWK8S

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 01:45 pm, Jack Purdum wrote:
the 5" touch screen
It might be fun to play ahead of the JackAL board's arrival.  PJRC has the Teensy and Audio Bd. but for compatibility where is suggested to find/buy the 5" TFT touch screen?

Pete WK8S

Jack, W8TEE

There are two display options for the JackAl board: 5" or 7". These are purchased from BuyDisplay.com. Their order numbers are:

ER-TFTM050-3        (5")
ER-TFTM070-5        (7")

both displays use the following options:

4-wire SPI interface
3.3V
Resistive touch
No font (we use the library)

Both are 800x480 displays using the RA8875 chip. If you run the samples using a touch screen, make sure you run the Calibration sample program first.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, June 30, 2018, 1:49:48 PM EDT, PeteWK8S <pmeier@...> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 01:45 pm, Jack Purdum wrote:
the 5" touch screen
It might be fun to play ahead of the JackAL board's arrival.  PJRC has the Teensy and Audio Bd. but for compatibility where is suggested to find/buy the 5" TFT touch screen?

Pete WK8S

Tim - M0THM

Hi Jack,
Just wondering how things are coming along.

Cheers

Tim

Jack, W8TEE

We changed the board again (now on V4) because we were not happy with the noise level. Al has that figured out and we hope to order new Beta boards in the next couple of days.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 5:38:59 PM EDT, Tim - M0THM <tim@...> wrote:

Hi Jack,
Just wondering how things are coming along.

Cheers

Tim

Art Olson

Jack

Been holding off on building the board I bought until you have reached a final one. Assume the board I have isn’t compatible with your modified changes

Art - N2AJO

On Jul 18, 2018, at 7:51 PM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

We changed the board again (now on V4) because we were not happy with the noise level. Al has that figured out and we hope to order new Beta boards in the next couple of days.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 5:38:59 PM EDT, Tim - M0THM <tim@...> wrote:

Hi Jack,
Just wondering how things are coming along.

Cheers

Tim

Tim - M0THM

Awesome thank you for the update. I now have my Teeensy funds are tight so more time to get the cash together is not a bad.

Tim, M0THM