Topics

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, July 1, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

William Cullison

I really don't have myself setup for portable and I'm on vacation visiting with family in South Carolina so I'm off net for 7 days.
73 Bill WA8VIH/4

On Jul 1, 2018 23:15, "Daniel Conklin" <danconklin2@...> wrote:
I didn't try tonight because I have the uBiTX in pieces waiting to get stuffed into a new box
Dan, W2DLC

Daniel Conklin

I didn't try tonight because I have the uBiTX in pieces waiting to get stuffed into a new box
Dan, W2DLC

Howard Fidel

Listened on 7.277 for a while, and called CQ several times tonight around 7:30 and 10 PM EST. Didn't hear anyone.

WB2VXW

On 7/1/2018 8:24 PM, Glenn Anderson wrote:
I'm just using my test leads for my multimeter (I'm at work) as an antenna... If you guys are having this much trouble it's no wonder I can't hear anything... HIHI

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 7:25 PM, John P <j.m.price@...> wrote:
I just had a QSO with K2OCA who is only a couple of miles away. He was running significant power, so even if you didn't hear me, you might have heard him. I'm getting some significant QRM from 2275 this evening.
--
John - WA2FZW

--
73 de Glenn VE3JAU
Thunder Bay, Ontario

Glenn Anderson

I'm just using my test leads for my multimeter (I'm at work) as an antenna... If you guys are having this much trouble it's no wonder I can't hear anything... HIHI

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 7:25 PM, John P <j.m.price@...> wrote:
I just had a QSO with K2OCA who is only a couple of miles away. He was running significant power, so even if you didn't hear me, you might have heard him. I'm getting some significant QRM from 2275 this evening.
--
John - WA2FZW

--
73 de Glenn VE3JAU
Thunder Bay, Ontario

John P

I just had a QSO with K2OCA who is only a couple of miles away. He was running significant power, so even if you didn't hear me, you might have heard him. I'm getting some significant QRM from 2275 this evening.
--
John - WA2FZW

Vince Vielhaber

I'm hearing someone on 7277 calling cq bitx but only got bits and pieces of a call. Maybe n4dr? Also heard n2cqr?. Don't have a worthwile SWR on 40 right now so I can't go back to either.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/01/2018 07:04 PM, John P wrote:
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 03:58 pm, Tom VE3THR wrote:

Still 34c or 88f deg outside.

It hit 100 here today!

--
John - WA2FZW

John P

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 03:58 pm, Tom VE3THR wrote:
Still 34c or 88f deg outside.
It hit 100 here today!

--
John - WA2FZW

Tom VE3THR

Thanks John...spent the afternoon "celebrating Canada Day" Back in port now and monitoring 7.277. Will be on the ubitx for a while. Still 34c or 88f deg outside.
Tom VE3THR/MM QRP

John P

On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 01:36 pm, kc1at wrote:
I have my antenna connected. Don't ask.
Been there! Done that! Look for you this evening.

--
John - WA2FZW

kc1at

calling also but nothing heard. This week unlike the last 2 weeks I have my antenna connected. Don't ask.

don, still listening

John P

I'm calling CQ on 7277. Hearing nuttin but noise!
--
John - WA2FZW

John P

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, July 1 (Happy Canada Day, Tom!), 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

Join us as we make contacts with our BitX-40s or uBitXs or anything else on 7.277 MHz in 40 meters!

This is a worldwide event for BitX40 (and other QRP) stations starting at 3PM and 7pm in each time zone. To participate, call CQ BitX on Sunday, starting at 3PM and/or 7PM your local time. The BitX QSO Night continues through the evening and conditions usually improve after sunset, so it is worthwhile to participate later in the evening.

Suggested Best Operating Practices:

Work at QRP power levels unless conditions require more power.
Call and listen for CQ BITX on the hour and every quarter hour.
It is helpful if you call CQ BITX with your callsign, name and location.
Repeat your callsign a number of times during your CQ BITX and during QSO's.
Start a QSO by confirming the callsign, location, name and signal report of the other operator.
Say the callsign, name and location of the other operator so others can hear.
If the frequency is busy, avoid long conversations.
After your initial QSO is complete, ask if there are any other stations who would like to contact.

Report your QSO's, discuss propagation, noise, signal reports, audio reports, antenna type, etc. in this thread.

This is an undirected, scheduled event.  The BITX QSO Night relies on you to call CQ BITX to initiate contacts with other stations, so warm up that final and transmit a few calls on Sunday evening.  Talk to you then!
--
John - WA2FZW