Topics

Ubitx Noob help #ubitx-help

davedt1e@...

Hello.  Nice to meet you all and thanks for all the contributions you all make here.

I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance.  I've almost completed my Ubitx but have a couple of noobie questions that I'm hoping someone will answer for me.

Off of the audio connector I'm left with a red wire.  Is this supposed to go somewhere?

When wiring up my power switch,...Should I connect both the red and brown (the PA I believe) wires to the leg that runs to the switch?

Everything else seems pretty clear so far.

Thanks.

Ralph Mowery

You should have a red wire that is not connected on the audio connector.  There is a purple wire on the other connector will be a purple wire that is not connected.

When wiring up the power connector, I would connect the red and brown together at the switch.  This is made so that if you want to , you can apply more voltage to just the final transistors for more power.

One other thing, there is no fuse.  I used an inline fuse holder on the power wire with a 4 amp fuse.  You could probably use a 3 amp fuse and be ok, but mine has been modified and draws slightly more current.

73 de ku4pt

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 1:26 PM, <davedt1e@...> wrote:
Hello.  Nice to meet you all and thanks for all the contributions you all make here.

I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance.  I've almost completed my Ubitx but have a couple of noobie questions that I'm hoping someone will answer for me.

Off of the audio connector I'm left with a red wire.  Is this supposed to go somewhere?

When wiring up my power switch,...Should I connect both the red and brown (the PA I believe) wires to the leg that runs to the switch?

Everything else seems pretty clear so far.

Thanks.
_._,_._,_

davedt1e@...

Thanks so much for the quick and concise reply.  This means I'm almost done!  All I need to do is add a fuse.

73s from Dave in Missouri!
KD0UYH