Topics

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, May 27, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

John P

BITX QSO Afternoon/Evening, Sunday, May 27, 3PM & 7PM Local Time, 7277 kHz in North America, 7177 kHz elsewhere.

Join us as we make contacts with our BitX-40s or uBitXs or anything else on 7.277 MHz in 40 meters!

This is a worldwide event for BitX40 (and other QRP) stations starting at 3PM and 7pm in each time zone. To participate, call CQ BitX on Sunday, starting at 3PM and/or 7PM your local time. The BitX QSO Night continues through the evening and conditions usually improve after sunset, so it is worthwhile to participate later in the evening.

Suggested Best Operating Practices:

Work at QRP power levels unless conditions require more power.
Call and listen for CQ BITX on the hour and every quarter hour.
It is helpful if you call CQ BITX with your callsign, name and location.
Repeat your callsign a number of times during your CQ BITX and during QSO's.
Start a QSO by confirming the callsign, location, name and signal report of the other operator.
Say the callsign, name and location of the other operator so others can hear.
If the frequency is busy, avoid long conversations.
After your initial QSO is complete, ask if there are any other stations who would like to contact.

Report your QSO's, discuss propagation, noise, signal reports, audio reports, antenna type, etc. in this thread.

This is an undirected, scheduled event.  The BITX QSO Night relies on you to call CQ BITX to initiate contacts with other stations, so warm up that final and transmit a few calls on Sunday evening.  Talk to you then!
--
John - WA2FZW

docame12@...

I am still working on my mic. I don't get enough umph from it. I'll try a voice cq. Should we agree on a freq for cw qso's? 7030 khz works for me. I'm aware I can do cw anywhere my license allows. Thoughts?

Dave WS1ETI

John P

Had a quick exchange of call sighs with tom (VE3THR)  but signals were pretty weak!
--
John - WA2FZW

Daniel Conklin

I had a quick QSO with WI1B, Ken in Andover Mass., for a 290 mi QSO using a uBITX barefoot into a G5RV up about 35 ft. It started of 58-59 but faded after a few exchanges and there was a lot of static crashing.  I also heard WA4THR, but wasn't able to contact because of the QSB.
Dan, W2DLC

Tom VE3THR

greetings from black fly country guys...up in Sudbury Ontario EN96 tonight. End fed inverted L and a Buddy Stick vertical just ain't cuttin' it tonight. Weak sigs - worked John WA3FZW briefly so far. Will keep trying till dark.
73 Tom VE3THR

Tom VE3THR

possibly KE0NXP ??

Daniel Conklin

I can hear KE0NXP, but the static crashes are making it impossible to get more than his call.

Jack Purdum

Used to have a cabin north of North Bay. Black flies are just about zero fun.

Jack, W8TEE