Topics

Help, can't change frequencies on uBitx

Dennis Yancey

I had my uBitx working and doing well, just getting ready to start making a permanent home for it in an old Cuban cigar box when the TDA2822 chip decided to let the smoke out. I also noticed the frequency did something strange right before I was able to get the power off the unit.

I found some replacement 2822's and got them in, soldering in a DIP socket in the place where the old chip was occupying. I replaced the chip when it came in and yes, power back on and now I have audio. The only issue is, the rotary encoder will not change frequencies. I have tried the factory software and the KD8CEC v1.061 software but to no avail. I have changed the encoder to a couple of different ones that are known to be good and still not working. The push button functions, but the encoder function to change frequencies does not work. It was working fine before the death of the audio chip. Any ideas or suggestions?
Sure wish they had put the nano as a plug in and not a solder in.. make this a bit easier.. to check out the Nano.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

--
72 and God bless
KD4EPG

kj6etl

Check the voltage between the red and yellow wire is it 5V?
If so does the Raduino respond to the input when you push the button?

Dennis Yancey

Yes it is...
--
72 and God bless
KD4EPG

Dennis Yancey

Yes, it responds to the push button depression just fine...
--
72 and God bless
KD4EPG

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

Maybe too simple a thought, but make sure your key pullup resistor (4.7K) is actually connected.

73,

Paul K2AYZ

Mike aka KC2WVB <rb5363@...>

I had a similar issue and thought the Raduino might be an issue but a new encoder from Digi Key fixed the issue.