Topics

varitable power output ubitx

Richard E Neese

I am swapping out the mosfets like suggested and I am looking for a way to do h/m/l power so I can use a 10m to 2m transverter and a amp .
but would require the power to be less then 5 to run the transverter and or the amp. wo I am looking at a 3 point rotary switch but how to put it in line is the question. this would give more controll.

the mosfets I am changing to are RD16HHF1 TO-220 Mitsubishi HF RF Power MOSFET
giving more power and better performance

K9HZ <bill@...>

Check ubitx.net on power control.  I posted a circuit to do it by band using relays but you could use a switch i suppose.  Just make sire the leads are shielded.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On May 1, 2018, at 10:30 AM, Richard E Neese <kb3vgw@...> wrote:

I am swapping out the mosfets like suggested and I am looking for a way to do h/m/l power so I can use a 10m to 2m transverter and a amp .
but would require the power to be less then 5 to run the transverter and or the amp. wo I am looking at a 3 point rotary switch but how to put it in line is the question. this would give more controll.

the mosfets I am changing to are RD16HHF1 TO-220 Mitsubishi HF RF Power MOSFET
giving more power and better performance

Jerry Gaffke

Alternately, check out this thread:
    hhttps://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/45775
Zero new hardware required.
I have not tried it.

I'm curious if anyone has found reasons not to do it this way.

Jerry