Topics

show your mic

Doug W

I am always impressed with the creativity and varieties of solutions this group comes up.  Collectively we range from true artists and craftsmen to hackers, kludgers, and cobblers.  I proudly spend a lot of time at the bottom of that spectrum.  While I am reasonable capable of making things look good with my BITX's I seem to rip things open and apart so often to play with that I am more interested in function than form.  With that in mind I stuck my mic and a junk box push button in a prescription bottle connected to a TRRS cable.  I know several others have posted pictures of their mic set up ranging from pro quality to junk box art.
LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT. (try to keep your image file size as small as possible)

Bill KC5SB

Here's mine.  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

Ashhar Farhan

What do you know! Mine is uglier than yours.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 22:53 Bill KC5SB, <blmerideth@...> wrote:
Here's mine.  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

Matthew S <Rigamurow@...>

Literally just finished my curmudgeon.  Thanks to K5ESS and N1AW

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
What do you know! Mine is uglier than yours.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 22:53 Bill KC5SB, <blmerideth@...> wrote:
Here's mine.  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

Gary Shriver

I know it’s there somewhere!!

馬玉麟

Using a section of pen for Mic and PTT switch installation.

Literally just finished my curmudgeon.  Thanks to K5ESS and N1AW

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:
What do you know! Mine is uglier than yours.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 22:53 Bill KC5SB, <blmerideth@...> wrote:
Here's mine.  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

tony.vasile@...

Here is my cigar-box uBitx with a wooden dowel Mic using the kit electret mix element and the Microsoft.

Tony, KB9A

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 5:18 PM Gary Shriver <gshriver@...> wrote:

I know it’s there somewhere!!

tony.vasile@...

AAAAAAND here's the pic!

Tony KB9A

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 8:33 PM Tony Vasile, Jr. <tony.vasile@...> wrote:
Here is my cigar-box uBitx with a wooden dowel Mic using the kit electret mix element and the Microsoft.

Tony, KB9A

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018, 5:18 PM Gary Shriver <gshriver@...> wrote:

I know it’s there somewhere!!

Jerry Gaffke

You need to take a cigar, coat it with epoxy and a bit of fiberglass,
use that for your mike barrel.

Jerry

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 05:34 pm, <tony.vasile@...> wrote:
AAAAAAND here's the pic!

Tony KB9A

Nice one Farhan, looks like a 300/75 TV balun.

Raj

At 20/04/2018, you wrote:
What do you know! Mine is uglier than yours.Â

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 22:53 Bill KC5SB, <blmerideth@...> wrote:
Here's mine.  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

Ashhar Farhan

That's right, george.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, 11:42 Raj vu2zap, <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:
Nice one Farhan, looks like a 300/75 TV balun.

Raj

At 20/04/2018, you wrote:
What do you know! Mine is uglier than yours.Ā

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, 22:53 Bill KC5SB, <blmerideth@...> wrote:
Here's mine.Ā  I made it from an old 9 volt flashlight.

Here is one of mine made in a aluminum pen tube with PTT inside.

Joel
N6ALT

Jack, W8TEE

Mine with a stock electret:
Inline image
Made from some plumbing parts, phone extension wire, some too-big-for-anything-useful shrink tubing, and hot glue. Total cost: $0.87. Guess who has the greater building skills, Joel or me. Hint: Joel.

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, April 20, 2018, 9:42:44 AM EDT, Joel Caulkins <caulktel@...> wrote:

Here is one of mine made in a aluminum pen tube with PTT inside.

Joel
N6ALT

Tom Christian

Gee.... I wonder who gave me the idea for my mic?? :)
Thanks, Jack!
Tom
AB7WT

Jack, W8TEE

So you're the guy who read that QRP Quarterly article!

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, April 20, 2018, 10:03:59 AM EDT, Tom Christian <tmchristian@...> wrote:

Gee.... I wonder who gave me the idea for my mic?? :)
Thanks, Jack!
Tom
AB7WT

bobolink

My mic has its own processor

Roy Appleton

😱😱🤣🤣🤣

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, 10:39 AM bobh_us <rwhinric@...> wrote:
My mic has its own processor

Nelson

I used an old Regency CB mic case, removed the old mic element, cut down a small plastic funnel to fit where the original mic element went and cut the other end of the funnel at  appoint where a Radio Shack electret mic element would just fit and hot glued the whole mess together.

😱😱🤣🤣🤣

--
I always thought the Universe was a wonderfully strange place until I studied Particle Physics - I now know the Universe is, in fact, profoundly odd in nature

Nelson

Sorry, I meant to show a picture of the front of the completed mic also...

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Nelson <ngtdlt@...> wrote:
[...]

Rob Snow

Here is my mic housing, I printed it up to work with the supplied parts.  The element drops in to the hole, the button snaps into the side, the three posts have holes in them to wrap the wires for stress relief.  I've also got a back printed up, but I haven't put it on the live version yet.  This was the testbed print, I ended up moving the PTT up higher and to the other side because it didn't fall under any fingers in this spot.