Topics

RadioKits.in Case #ubitx

John Kemker

Tried to solder the On/Off switch to the PC board today.  Melted the plastic on the switch.  Anyone know a decent replacement for it?  It's a nice case, I just need a new switch.
--

73 de W5NNH

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

John, could you point me at the website for the case?

73, Paul K2AYZ

Mike Yancey

https://amateurradiokits.in/store/metal-enclosures/

...but I believe the demand has been such that they're on hold until April 15.
Some, or all, might be 'out of stock' for now.

Mike Yancey, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas, USA

lou_w2row

I also had trouble fitting the power pcb between the fuse and switch. I bent the fuse lead so that it sort of fit together. My switch survived the soldering but just barely. I could see the plastic softening.

Has anyone tried to fit the tuning knob (provided with the case) to the encoder (provided with the radio)? The hole in the knob is much to small to fit on the encoder shaft. I could not see anyway to adjust the knob opening.

73,  Lou W2ROW

lou_w2row

Thanks to Ken VE3KCY, I did manage to fit the tuning knob. The "secret" is to pry the cap off the front of the knob which exposes the adjustment screw unerneath. The cap on mine fit so well that it was not obvious at first that it was removable.

73,  Lou  W2ROW

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

Thanks, Mike

These look very nice. Taking new orders on 4/15

KM4TRT

but I believe the demand has been such that they're on hold until April 15.
Some, or all, might be 'out of stock' for now.

Mike Yancey, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas, USA

Mike, I just got an email from amateur radio kits that they are shipping in about a week.
Andy KM4TRT

chris gress <Chrisg0wfh@...>

I just ordered a red case they are taking orders again chris G0WFH

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018, 15:52 KM4TRT via Groups.Io, <garello=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

but I believe the demand has been such that they're on hold until April 15.
Some, or all, might be 'out of stock' for now.

Mike Yancey, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas, USA

Mike, I just got an email from amateur radio kits that they are shipping in about a week.
Andy KM4TRT

Mike Yancey

Hah - someone else who liked the red one, too, yesterday.

Mike Y, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas, USA

John Kemker

I had been wanting a green case.  Of course, green becomes available after I've already received my grey one!  LOL!

I love my case, just need better pictures of how to hook up some of the accessory boards, etc.

--

73 de W5NNH

Ken Held KF7DUR

I ordered a red one today

Roy Appleton

Gray for the ubitx and blue for a BITX40!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018, 2:09 PM Ken Held via Groups.Io <kf7dur=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I ordered a red one today

John Kemker

Okay, so I've been putting the uBitx in the case.  Anyone have any idea how to solder the USB cable from the Raduino to the back USB-B connector?

--

73 de W5NNH

John Kemker

Okay, upon rereading my last message in this topic, I realized I sounded like I didn't know how to solder.  :/

I need the pinout for the Micro-USB cable to solder to the PCB that the USB-B socket is already soldered to.

--

73 de W5NNH

Arv Evans

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 6:44 PM, John Kemker <kemkerj3@...> wrote:
Okay, upon rereading my last message in this topic, I realized I sounded like I didn't know how to solder.  :/

I need the pinout for the Micro-USB cable to solder to the PCB that the USB-B socket is already soldered to.

--

73 de W5NNH

lou_w2row

John,

Attached is a photo of the connection I used. Just cut a mini USB cable to length. The colors seem to be standard. The shield for the cable is soldered underneath to the shield of the USB jack.

Lou   W2ROW

Terence Taylor

I have been looking all over, but cannot find a good assembly guide for this case. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Curt

John, many have done same and found that many toggle switches will fit. Until then okay to jumper it and use the power connection to turn it off with a pull.

Check ubitx.com for case assembly suggestions,  as Sunil maintains this URL. Yes it was an adventure building before I found the rest of the instructions.

Merry Christmas to all builders and users.

Curt

Terence Taylor

Thanks, Curt for reminding me about ubitx.com. Found what I needed there.