From: "Steven Read" <steven.mailroom@...>
Sent: 4/1/2018 8:30:38 PM
Subject: [BITX20] US Purchasers of the µBITX

I have had mixed results purchasing some items from the UK & it appears from their website (hfsignals.com) there have been some issues with units shipped via DHL to the EU. I am looking for feedback from this company as how things went for you. The company website also seems to indicate there are additional customs charges if DHL is used.

Sorry but the budget is not what it once was.
--

Steven Read - ab9ol - Dublin, Indiana (em79jt)

Chuck, N1KGY

My first unit arrived in Eastern NC [first week of Feb] on the 4th day after I received the DHL shipping notification.  No customs fees or other issues.
Now waiting on the three I ordered in late February...

Terry Morris

I ordered mine to be shipped via India mail to United States Mail but Farhan shipped mine by DHL to NE Ohio. No problem with shipping.

Terry - KB8AMZ
Brimfield Twp, OH  USA
Linux User# 412308, Ubuntu User# 34905
OSs: LM18.2 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04, tahrPup64 64bit, Raspian
Orgs: PCL70-FOP, NTHS, ALUG, ARRL, PCARS#78, NAQCC#6668, NO-QRP-C, QRP-ARCI#8855, SKCC#14195, USN 1965-1969 AG3

I chair the PCARS CW/QRP SIG and Linux for Hams SIG, second and fifth Tuesday

my computer, my opinion

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 9:30 PM, Steven Read <steven.mailroom@...> wrote:
I have had mixed results purchasing some items from the UK & it appears from their website (hfsignals.com) there have been some issues with units shipped via DHL to the EU. I am looking for feedback from this company as how things went for you. The company website also seems to indicate there are additional customs charges if DHL is used.

Sorry but the budget is not what it once was.
--

Steven Read - ab9ol - Dublin, Indiana (em79jt)

freefuel@...

my uBITX shipped to Eastern Pennsylvania with no actual issues, the DHL delivery person did gripe that my apartment number was not indicated on the box. however he has delivered for me before so he was able to figure it out.

-Justin N2TOH

Jerry Gaffke

My understanding is the DHL upgrade was only on the first batch, when the post office there
complained of being overloaded with hundreds of boxes.
And only to the US, as many other countries have exorbitant fees on incoming DHL deliveries.

Perhaps this occurred on other occasions as well when a large glut of orders went out.
But don't count on it.

Jerry

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 07:20 pm, Terry Morris wrote:
I ordered mine to be shipped via India mail to United States Mail but Farhan shipped mine by DHL to NE Ohio. No problem with shipping.

Steven Read

Thanks to everybody who replied plus the heads up on the diode polarity being wrong in the schematic.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My understanding is the DHL upgrade was only on the first batch, when the post office there
complained of being overloaded with hundreds of boxes.
And only to the US, as many other countries have exorbitant fees on incoming DHL deliveries.

Perhaps this occurred on other occasions as well when a large glut of orders went out.
But don't count on it.

Jerry

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 07:20 pm, Terry Morris wrote:
I ordered mine to be shipped via India mail to United States Mail but Farhan shipped mine by DHL to NE Ohio. No problem with shipping.

--

Steven Read - ab9ol - Dublin, Indiana (em79jt)

m3ngc@...

HI Steven,
I have noted on many occasions that those who expedite delivery through DHL to the UK end up paying duty, not once have I heard of anyone paying duty when shipping has been through India Post.
I imagine that using  Royal Mail or ParcelForce from UK to US would therefore be the more attractive, although a slower route, than risking duty fees when shipping DHL.
Hope that helps

Garry  M0MGP. Essex UK.

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>

Both of my uBITX were shipped by DHL from India, one in December last year and one last month.  Both where received here in California two days after shipment from India and without duty.

Dave WI6R