From: Impulsive.force@...
Date: 27/03/2018 10:52 (GMT+00:00)
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] Placed order #ubitx

Dear Sirs, I placed an order for a uBitX last week via PayPal. PayPal acknowledged the transaction but I have not received any notification from hfsignals that the order was received. I cant find any other way of contacting hfsignals as far as I can see.

Did previous purchasers receive any order notification or do I just assume its all ok?
Thanks

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ

You can write to hfsignals "at" gmail.......

I think you are in the queue which is as stated by others quite a few weeks at this point. I marked my calendar at 12 weeks and now am having fun researching related topics.

73,

Paul

Receive this Feb 2nd after placing my order January 25th:
Dear Customer,

We have received your payment of USD 119 on January 25, 2018 through Paypal. Your payment has been included in the 'Pre order' list. The orders are being shipped in the order of the payment received. It is difficult for us to estimate the shipping date for your order. However, we are putting our best efforts to ship them asap. The tracking details of the shipment will be updated on the Paypal transaction once the order is shipped.

We are overwhelmed with your response for micro BITX and we are encouraged to do better and roll out new products.

Please cooperate with us for the delay in shipping your orders. We look forward to your continued patronage. In case, you have any issues, get in touch with us at hfsignals@...

HFSignals Team

Ubitx.net last week stated that orders of 24 January were now being shipped. Of course my order was the 25th.

Have hear that there have been problems with parts supply such as the audio IC that is no longer in production and that there is now worldwide shortage of torrid cores, So I would guess that production of the ubitx may have been delayed.

yachtdesign@...

ok, I`m also still waiting.
I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on the web page.
 No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

PE1GIJ

Did wishbone_aaa receive this confirmation after requesting it or automatic?

I also find it very unclear and dislike the lack of communication.
A small update on de ordering page about which order date is currently shipping would solve a lot of questions because hfsignals is the only one who nows the exact status.
I like the fact that ubitx.net is estimating but would like to have a more precise status without bothering hfsignals by email.

--
Ad, PE1GIJ

W8SWG

I know it annoys some to see order/shipping updates but I haven't seen any in a while and there are still a lot of people out there anxiously awaiting their radios.

I ordered February 1 and got my notification today (March 29) that my radio has been shipped via DHL.

Randy

Thank you very much! I was beginning to wonder.

Randy

Arv Evans

Different countries have different rules regarding order fulfillment.  Most do not have
rules regarding notification of order received and order shipment.  In situations where
there are language differences it becomes even more difficult and time consuming to
notify each individual of order status.

In the US, the postal system requires delivery within 30 days of order placement, but
this only applies to domestic orders placed via the USPS (US Postal System).  It
apparently does not apply to international orders placed via the Internet.

At present it seems that overcoming the uBITX order backlog is the primary interest.
Maybe after that order backlog has been satisfied they could look at possibility of further
automating the order taking, status reporting, and delivery process.
_._

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 2:06 AM, <yachtdesign@...> wrote:
ok, I`m also still waiting.
I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on the web page.
 No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

John

I ordered mine December 25th and I think it was not until the first week maybe even yhe 2nd week of january to receive the order conformation.

Received mine as I remebered correctly february 24 via DHL although I didn't pay for it. Shipping from India to South Texas only took 2 days.

John
KG5WJQ

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018, 11:25 Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:
[...]

Order Jan 30th got DHL shipping notice today (March 29th).

Randy

Roy Appleton

I'm sorry but I don't have much patience with all the whiners about not getting notifications. For months now people have been posting the notification process and updates. Read before you show your ignorance!

This kit is a hellva bargain and we can all deal with any minor inconvenience!

Roy
WA0YMH

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018, 3:06 AM <yachtdesign@...> wrote:
ok, I`m also still waiting.
I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on the web page.
 No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

Sigh. So, this forum constitutes daily notification that you’re going to have to wait a long time to get one of these devices.

They are  being made in a far part of the world, (what some of us might even consider third world), and the building is partially done by indigenous population.

They’re selling for a fraction of what they’re worth.

Maybe if we took up a collection, or they raise the price considerably, they could hire a clerical person just to do all these notifications to the multiple thousands purchasers. I agree with you that I think that could be done by a clerical person.  There are  probably in excess of 1000 kit back order right now, and so an email to each of the thousand purchasers could be sent out every day notifying them of their projected mailing date.

In general it’s a couple months, but it could be shorter or longer, and it could change if they suddenly run out of toroid, which has happened, or if a batch of components is defective.  Clerical personnel  could keep everyone up-to-date on this.

Let’s see, a database to keep track of all the orders, process endpoints & thresholds  reached by each batch,, inventory monitoring, a email sent to each person at about one minute per person per email.

60 emails per hour, 16 hours of work per day, now we need to or 2 1/2 FTE 16 hours of work per day, now we need two or 2 1/2 FTE. But we also need a database person to keep the database working....

Hmmmmm.   Dunno......

On Mar 29, 2018, at 04:06, "yachtdesign@..." <yachtdesign@...> wrote:

ok, I`m also still waiting.
I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on the web page.
 No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

Dgyuro

Most of us have been patient and didn’t complain. He has posted on web site what order date was shipping. I think he is trying to solve a few problems. 4000 in a few months from India not bad. Be patient 🤓I waited 2 months. 😹

On Mar 29, 2018, at 11:07 AM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve

Well, to assuage one's delivery anxiety, one could purchase a $1.59 electronic gizmo from Aliexpress or Banggood, and have it delivered in 4 days, free delivery.  Do that once a week and bask in the amazement of modern commerce, sans tarrifs...Aloha, Steve

Richard Spohn

These would be valid points for the run-of-the-mill commercial
company, but be aware: the uBitx is a unique product, an excellent
radio offered at a crazy-reasonable cost, as the vision of one man who
is now coping with the herculean effort of realizing his dream with
what amounts to a skeleton crew. He has proven that he can be trusted
to deliver. We can do him - and the ham radio community as a whole -
a huge favor by being patient while he loses sleep and jeopardizes his
health in order to fulfill our orders. - Rich WB2GXM

On 3/29/18, yachtdesign@... <yachtdesign@...> wrote:
ok, I`m also still waiting.
I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I
can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any
problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think
that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on
the web page.
 No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk
that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the
risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

a.vision

Well said thankfully I am sure that you speak for the majority of purchaser's

Regards Graham

Sent from Samsung tablet

These would be valid points for the run-of-the-mill commercial
company, but be aware:  the uBitx is a unique product, an excellent
radio offered at a crazy-reasonable cost, as the vision of one man who
is now coping with the herculean effort of realizing his dream with
what amounts to a skeleton crew.  He has proven that he can be trusted
to deliver.  We can do him - and the ham radio community as a whole -
a huge favor by being patient while he loses sleep and jeopardizes his
health in order to fulfill our orders. - Rich WB2GXM

On 3/29/18, yachtdesign@... <yachtdesign@...> wrote:
> ok, I`m also still waiting.
> I can understand that if parts are missing there would be a delay, what I
> can not understand is the way of "communication". It should not be any
> problem to inform buyer about the delay with an e-mail, if someone think
> that this is too much work, simply with an announcement in this forum or on
> the web page.
>  No information, but collecting money, makes buyers not happy and the risk
> that they will escalate this behaviour to pay-pal will increase with the
> risk that the easy possibility to order and pay will be stopped.

Christopher Miller

But but I spent money! Why don't I get everything I want!

Mike Woods

Dgyuro and everybody really

I just want to make it clear that www.ubitx.net is not affiliated with HF Signals, and the way that I get information on shipping dates is from this list like everybody else!

There was a bit of reaction to constructors posting their shipping notices on the list a week or two ago, which led to the date of 24 January remaining unchanged for a week or more. A recent post showed that HF Signals had shipped a 1 Feb 2018 order, so the info has been updated.   I think it has proved helpful for people to post when they have received notice that their order has been shipped.  It is less helpful to know when it has arrived (because this depends on shipping method and country).

I think it may be helpful for those waiting if I were to estimate where HF Signals is up to with shipping (they seem to be running around 2 months behind incoming orders still).   I will do that daily, correcting the data when a posting is made of an actual shipping date.

It's great to see people's builds.  I am putting these up on ubitx.net in the gallery section.  Many constructors find it helpful to look at other people's ideas for panel layouts, case type, etc. before committing to their own build.  "Dogs" may be the exception!

73 Mike ZL1AXG ubitx.net

On 30/03/18 7:25 AM, Dgyuro via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

mhwoods@...

Jerry Gaffke

I don't object to a lot of posts about when things ship.
But an alternative would be for Mike to put a note next to that shipping status on the ubitx.net home page
stating folks should email him when they learn about a rig getting shipped rather than posting to the forum.

I rather like photos of dogs, gives everyone permission to give priority to function over form
on the first pass.  Best to get these things going quick in an ugly manner, get a feel for where
the controls and connectors should be, think about optional hacks.
Only then start cutting holes in the $30 extruded aluminum box that took a month to arrive.

Zoom in on this workbench photo of the late great Jim Williams of Linear Tech,
six images down, see how a real pro goes about it:
    http://www.computerhistory.org/atchm/an-analog-life-remembering-jim-williams/

Jerry, KE7ER