Topics

Hard core uBITx developers

Mike Woods

µBITx developers have been hard at work, and I have written a bit of a round up off the hard core developers, and given a bit of a glimpse at what some of them are hatching in their workshops right now:

http://ubitx.net/2018/03/11/ubitx-modders-are-hard-at-work/

I am unlikely to have captured everybody that is at work on µBITx mods, so if you are working on something let me know (info@...) or let everybody know by writing a post to this list!

I have also been working on the "synthesis" articles (all those menu items before you get to the news stories).   There is more work to do on these, but most now have some basic content.   Any comments and criticisms will be gladly received, as I would like these to be really helpful to those constructors starting out, and to those wanting a new mod challenge.

73

Mike ZL1AXG ubitx.net

--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...

Jack

Mike,

Keep up the good work.   I'll be following your reports with great interest.

Jack,  W6VMJ in Fort Collins, CO  USA

John <passionfruit88@...>

Help Mike,

Great idea.

For my part I don't know if it's hard code developer or more mad hacker, but it is fun.

Here is a picture of the latest addition, an L-Network ATU built in the uBitx case, driven by two servos and controlled by an Arduino mini pro linked over I2C to the Raduino.

It is now working well (80m to 10m) but needs cleaning up, shields (just to make sure) and a nice display of SWR and Power on the LCD.

More details to come.

All the best,

73, John (VK2ETA)

w7hd.rh <w7hd.rh@...>

I am very interested in the servo control code and components and wiring!  I would like to adapt that to handle a pair of servos for an az-el rotor for my satellite Arrow antenna, which only weighs about 1-2 pounds.

Then add a bit of code to show the actual antenna position and I'll be all set, hi hi.

Another adaptation of this project would be to remotely tune a magnetic loop antenna.  One of the problems you run into when trying to tune a loop is that your body affects the tuning.

Ron W7HD

Skip Davis

Very nice work John I have been thinking of doing something similar, I’ll be interested to see how your sketch works. I’m a Arduino hacker too it helps to understand how these things work.

Skip Davis, NC9O

Michael Monteith

Ron,
 You also might look up the group SatNogs.   They have some electronics that do satellite tracking as well as 3D parts for the tracking etc.

73, Michael
KM4OLT

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 05:38 am, w7hd.rh wrote:
I am very interested in the servo control code and components and wiring!  I would like to adapt that to handle a pair of servos for an az-el rotor for my satellite Arrow antenna, which only weighs about 1-2 pounds.

Joe Puma

There is also a large group on irc / freenet called hearsat. They have very knowledgeable people there.

Joe
KD2NFC