Topics

Board won’t power up.

Bruce Anderson

I think my microBitx main board may be defective. When powered up (without the raduino attached), according to the wiring instructions, it only draws 60-80 micro amps, rather than 90-110 mA the instructions specify. I have checked twice that the sacrificial diode is installed correctly.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks,

Bruce W1BWA

Bruce,

Check on the uBitx board if you get the 12V power. Start first just below the power jack P1.
Sometimes these wires are crimped well and may not be making contact.

It is almost impossible to see uA unless something drastic wrong with P1 or your measurement! This has happened before.

Raj

At 11-03-18, you wrote:
I think my microBitx main board may be defective. When powered up (without the raduino attached), according to the wiring instructions, it only draws 60-80 micro amps, rather than 90-110 mA the instructions specify. I have checked twice that the sacrificial diode is installed correctly.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks,

Bruce W1BWA

Bruce,

Check the voltages with your -ve probe on the mother board. In case there is a ground fault in P1 or wire!

Raj

At 11-03-18, you wrote:
I think my microBitx main board may be defective. When powered up (without the raduino attached), according to the wiring instructions, it only draws 60-80 micro amps, rather than 90-110 mA the instructions specify. I have checked twice that the sacrificial diode is installed correctly.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks,

Bruce W1BWA

Send me a photo preferably by whatsapp, email will take more response time.

At 11-03-18, you wrote:
I have checked twice that the sacrificial diode is installed correctly.

Ooops! the last couple of mails was men=ant to be private!