Topics

uBITX Firmware KD8CEC - IF-Shift etc.

ge_clipboard

Hello Ian and All

The sound of SSB signals with my uBITX are very strong on the high side. In LSB I can adjust the received sound with the IF-Shift with a very pleasing effect, but this does not work the same with USB. And I have noticed, that using the IF-Shift, does also influence the TX signal where the output is becoming a DSB signal with lots of power in the other sideband. I have also tried to adjust the BFO, but without positive results.

Would it be possible to have the IF-Shift function just with the RX and leave the TX on its own? What am I doing wrong?

Best 73, Gerald - HB9CEY

ge_clipboard

Hi All

Many thanks for all the response concerning the BFO adjustement and about using the IF-shift. I have been playing around with the BFO setting while monitoring myself on another transceiver but as I’m not getting there where I really would like to, I returned to the factory settings. Leastening to the transmitted LSB and USB on another transceiver was never symetric, maybe the steps to set the bfo are not fine enough to do this or I am making something wrong.

Yes, the IF-shift is often a very helpfull feature within crowded bands and as Mike pointed out, it is also nice to be able to adjust the sound of a ssb signal on receive. So, if this could be corrected in the software would be very fine.

Another point I’ve noticed today while using CW, dx-cluster and CAT to jump to a anounced station... When the CWL-, CWU-feature is enabled, then the TX-frequency is not spot on but offset by the amount of the CW-Tone.

Nevertheless, this little rig is a joy to play with, especially with all the added features by Ian‘s software.

Vy 73, Gerald - HB9CEY