Topics

uBITX Firmware CEC Version Added WSPR function, I am looking for a beta tester. #ubitx

Ian Lee

Sascha

I forgot because the Most of the value of WSPR Calibration is the same as the value of Master Calibration.
When I update the next version, I do not forget to fix it.

Ian KD8CEC

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 7:08 AM Sascha Bohnet | DL5SMB via Groups.Io <saschabohnet=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Ian,

this bug found by Carlos is still unfixed, correct?

I am using version 1.11 of the uBITX-Manager (and I have not seen a newer version yet) and can still confirm the behaviour.
The once entered WSPR calibration value can never be read out again - there is always the master calibration value in the corresponding field.

I just played around with the WSPR Calibration to improve my setup - the built-in WSPR funxction really is a great feature.

Sascha

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Sascha Bohnet | DL5SMB

Hi Ian,

this bug found by Carlos is still unfixed, correct?

I am using version 1.11 of the uBITX-Manager (and I have not seen a newer version yet) and can still confirm the behaviour.
The once entered WSPR calibration value can never be read out again - there is always the master calibration value in the corresponding field.

I just played around with the WSPR Calibration to improve my setup - the built-in WSPR funxction really is a great feature.

Sascha

Ian Lee

Carlos.
Excellent, Congratulations sent wspr, also Thanks for finding the bug.
I confirmed your callsign at wsprnet.org. The 10 watt output is awesome.
In the next release I'll fix the bug you found and upload it.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian,
BPF are working ok now! As you can check IK2YRA on wsprnet.

 It takes me a while to found a delta between Master calibration (175000)and WSPR calibration (149000) i write it to the ubitx and  everything was perfect, so i saved the config as a file .btx to back up.
But it was impossible to have the wspr cal parameter back on his bitx's Manager field reading from ubtx.
I try to read it even loading my file .btx, but no way.  The field turns to have the Master Cal value (175000).
It seem to "stay alive" on ubitx's memory but if read it from ubitx and then write it back... you loose the wspr cal value.
Hope i been understandable.
This is the only bug that I found.
Thanks for your great JOB!
Carlos IK2YRA

Philip, Carlos and all

For the WSPR Beta version. Since the HEX file and the uBITX Manager link are in the thread, I send mail from here.
I posted uBITX Firmware (KD8CEC Version) which can beta test WSPR function.
(Version : 1.51W)

It does not use any device to send WSPR the such as the previous version. Only one uBITX board is required.
(A wristwatch within 5 seconds of the error range is also required.)

The problem with previous versions was that the Band Pass filter was not applied properly and the frequency was transmitted outside the WSPR band.
But Philip did the testing in ways I never thought. It is calculated by wrong frequency and entered directly.
The people who saw it in the BITX group succeeded in sending the WSPR according to Philip's method.

It looks like the problem has now been resolved.
The BPF problem was my mistake, and the frequency problem was the calibration problem.

As a result of applying Master Calibration already set in uBITX to new logic, we confirmed that WSPR is transmitted at the correct frequency.

The picture below shows the test pictures at 630M (474,200hz) and 10M (28,124,600Hz).

Before writing this article, Gerald saw the article I edited on my blog and made the test and it succeeded.

I think the WSPR implementation is not so difficult because there are already a lot of open source. I just apply the source code.
Rather, I think the test is more difficult. That's why I am so grateful to those who test me.

Please let me know your test result and I will check it on wsprnet.org and capture it.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Carlos E. Wenzel <Ik2yra@...>

[...]

Charlie Morrison

Hi all

What is the download link for the .hex files?

73 de Charlie GI4FUE

I was able to see your callsign at wsprnet.org
I found the cause of the frequency problem. I've made a fix and I'm testing it now. After the test is over, I will write again.
I'd like you to test it again if you can.

Maybe we can calibrate uBITX more precisely through wspr.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian

Thanks a lot for the latest update with the wspr function.

It is now working fine after adjusting the tx frequencies by hand for the 3 chosen bands, 40, 30 and 20m.
The signals have reached all continents except SA with my vertical delta loop antenna..

Is there a way to reduce the output power in the future?

73, Gerald - HB9CEY

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Ian Lee

Philip.

Sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
I can now sit at my desk. I had to drive all weekend. lol.
(The role of the father is difficult. My 5-year-old daughter is too active.)

I'll upload it in a few hours. I will also modify the slect BPF routine.
After uploading, I will send the mail again.

The implementation of the WSPR feature already has many sources.
I just implemented a way to send wspr by uBITX alone without computer or raspberry pi, without any modifications.

The biggest role for uBITX in sending WSPR without any device is testers.
Thank you all the time.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Philip

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

Carlos E. Wenzel <Ik2yra@...>

Yes, I will test it as soon as you issue it.
Mo and tue I'm going to be  at home....so.
Hope to hear you from some SOTA summit soon.
Carlos
Always tks for ur job!

Il 10 mar 2018 21:35, "Ian Lee" <kd8cec@...> ha scritto:
Carlos.

Wow great! It is very nice graph.
My plan is to climb mountains with only uBITX. And it sends WSPR by each band and communicates with built-in memory keyer.

I will Search your callsign in wsprnet.org

Could you test the new version next week?

Ian KD8CEC

uBiTx on air....Tks Ian / Philip

Carlos

So simple.... TKS Philip
Carlos

Carlos.
Just enter it in the box, it is in hz. Not Mhz, so no decimal point.
Philip.

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...

--
[...]

You are right. I used the trick to reduce the program size, which did not work as I thought. Using a function called SetTxFiler will solve this problem easily.
After the weekend, I will update uBITX Beta version next week.
And I was able to check your radio signal at wsprnet.org.

Thanks for testing.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian.

The frequency error is down to the way uBITX manager calculates the RF frequency. If I enter into the Band 2 box 14094850 Hz, then the audio comes out of my radio at 1.5 KHz, when it is tuned to 14.09560 MHz.
Now my WSPR is going all around the world.
I do find that I get a bit confused by all the calculations, when trying to work out all this stuff.
Anyway thanks for putting WSPR in to the uBITX, a great bonus.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

ge_clipboard

Hi Ian

Thanks a lot for the latest update with the wspr function.

It is now working fine after adjusting the tx frequencies by hand for the 3 chosen bands, 40, 30 and 20m.
The signals have reached all continents except SA with my vertical delta loop antenna..

Is there a way to reduce the output power in the future?

73, Gerald - HB9CEY

Philip

Thanks Ian. For a great updated to include WSPR, It was a surprise.

Philip G7JUR.

Carlos E. Wenzel <Ik2yra@...>