Topics

uBITX Firmware CEC Version Added WSPR function, I am looking for a beta tester. #ubitx

Ian Lee

All
uBITX Firmware CEC Version Added WSPR function, but It is still a test level.
so, I am looking for a beta tester who has uBITX and knows how to use WSPR.

I used the following method to put the WSPR function in the small space of uBITX.
 - All settings required for WSPR transmission are pre-entered in uBITX.
 - Callsign, location(2alpha, 2 number), db and frequency information to be used for transmission are stored in uBITX.
 - Outdoors, uBITX and antenna are all you need to transmit WSPR with pre-entered information.

you do not need to make any modifications to your uBITX to use WSPR.

For more information, click on the link below.
(You can download uBITX Manager as firmware for WSPR.
Firmware is based on Cat Support uBITX Firmware CEC Version 1.04.)
http://www.hamskey.com

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Carlos E. Wenzel

Hello Ian..
I have the same problem....

 "Error Receive Length = 0/1027"

[...]

Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

Ian Lee

Carlos

Thanks for trying test.

1.First, test with a communication program such as Ham radio deluxe or Wsjt-x to check the communication status.
2.Occasionally, such a problem can occur if the thickness of the USB cable is thin.
3.uBITX Firmware CEC Version may not be able to CAT  communicate when WSPR are used.
4.This is when you entered the WSPR menu.

please Test and tell us your results.

Ian KD8CEC

[...]

Philip

Hi Ian.
I would like to be a beta tester for the WSPR firmware. Just been playing with V1.05W, noticed a couple of problems.
For the uBITX to TX in WSPR mode the band your going to TX in needs to be selected first, maybe in WSPR mode the BPF selection is incorrect.
The other one is to do with the TX frequency. the display shows 14.097100 MHz which is the frequency I selected in uBITX manager, but the RF being transmitted is in fact 14.099330 MHz..
I have attached my BTX file from uBITX manager.
Best 73 Philip g7jur.

Ian Lee

Philip

Thank you very much
Your feedback is a great help to me because I am not in an environment where I can test now.
I will update the program within a day or two and upload it again and announce it through the group.
Note that the BPF selection uses some tricks as a constraint on program memory.
I will check that again.
Once again, I sincerely appreciate your test.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian.
I would like to be a beta tester for the WSPR firmware. Just been playing with V1.05W, noticed a couple of problems.
For the uBITX to TX in WSPR mode the band your going to TX in needs to be selected first, maybe in WSPR mode the BPF selection is incorrect.
The other one is to do with the TX frequency. the display shows 14.097100 MHz which is the frequency I selected in uBITX manager, but the RF being transmitted is in fact 14.099330 MHz..
I have attached my BTX file from uBITX manager.
Best 73 Philip g7jur.

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Philip

Hi Ian.

The frequency error is down to the way uBITX manager calculates the RF frequency. If I enter into the Band 2 box 14094850 Hz, then the audio comes out of my radio at 1.5 KHz, when it is tuned to 14.09560 MHz.
Now my WSPR is going all around the world.
I do find that I get a bit confused by all the calculations, when trying to work out all this stuff.
Anyway thanks for putting WSPR in to the uBITX, a great bonus.

Philip G7JUR

Carlos E. Wenzel

Ian

The problem has gone. It was a wrong/thin/broken cable. I changet it.
I also found a missing power output if you operate wspr function far away from the original ubitx frequency. I agree with Phillips abt this issue, BPF maybe remains locked on the original band.

"  the display shows 14.097100 MHz which is the frequency I selected in uBITX manager, but the RF being transmitted is in fact 14.099330 MHz..  "

cero beat on 14.099330 mHz when ubitx displays 14.097100 mHz (is not right?.... 2.2kHz)

Carlos

[...]

Hello Phillip,
How can you enter 14.094850 on Band 2 Box???
tks
Carlos

Hi Ian.

The frequency error is down to the way uBITX manager calculates the RF frequency. If I enter into the Band 2 box 14094850 Hz, then the audio comes out of my radio at 1.5 KHz, when it is tuned to 14.09560 MHz.
Now my WSPR is going all around the world.
I do find that I get a bit confused by all the calculations, when trying to work out all this stuff.
Anyway thanks for putting WSPR in to the uBITX, a great bonus.

Philip G7JUR

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

Philip

Carlos.
Just enter it in the box, it is in hz. Not Mhz, so no decimal point.
Philip.

Carlos E. Wenzel

So simple.... TKS Philip
Carlos

Carlos.
Just enter it in the box, it is in hz. Not Mhz, so no decimal point.
Philip.

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

Carlos E. Wenzel

uBiTx on air....Tks Ian / Philip

Carlos

So simple.... TKS Philip
Carlos

Carlos.
Just enter it in the box, it is in hz. Not Mhz, so no decimal point.
Philip.

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

Philip

Thanks Ian. For a great updated to include WSPR, It was a surprise.

Philip G7JUR.

ge_clipboard

Hi Ian

Thanks a lot for the latest update with the wspr function.

It is now working fine after adjusting the tx frequencies by hand for the 3 chosen bands, 40, 30 and 20m.
The signals have reached all continents except SA with my vertical delta loop antenna..

Is there a way to reduce the output power in the future?

73, Gerald - HB9CEY

Ian Lee

Philip.
You are right. I used the trick to reduce the program size, which did not work as I thought. Using a function called SetTxFiler will solve this problem easily.
After the weekend, I will update uBITX Beta version next week.
And I was able to check your radio signal at wsprnet.org.

Thanks for testing.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian.

The frequency error is down to the way uBITX manager calculates the RF frequency. If I enter into the Band 2 box 14094850 Hz, then the audio comes out of my radio at 1.5 KHz, when it is tuned to 14.09560 MHz.
Now my WSPR is going all around the world.
I do find that I get a bit confused by all the calculations, when trying to work out all this stuff.
Anyway thanks for putting WSPR in to the uBITX, a great bonus.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Ian Lee

Carlos.

Wow great! It is very nice graph.
My plan is to climb mountains with only uBITX. And it sends WSPR by each band and communicates with built-in memory keyer.

I will Search your callsign in wsprnet.org

Could you test the new version next week?

Ian KD8CEC

uBiTx on air....Tks Ian / Philip

Carlos

So simple.... TKS Philip
Carlos

Carlos.
Just enter it in the box, it is in hz. Not Mhz, so no decimal point.
Philip.

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

--
Carlos Wenzel
ik2yra@...
+39-3284684518
Skype: IK2YRA

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Carlos E. Wenzel

Yes, I will test it as soon as you issue it.
Mo and tue I'm going to be  at home....so.
Hope to hear you from some SOTA summit soon.
Carlos
Always tks for ur job!

Il 10 mar 2018 21:35, "Ian Lee" <kd8cec@...> ha scritto:
[...]

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

Ian Lee

Philip.

Sorry to have kept you waiting so long.
I can now sit at my desk. I had to drive all weekend. lol.
(The role of the father is difficult. My 5-year-old daughter is too active.)

I'll upload it in a few hours. I will also modify the slect BPF routine.
After uploading, I will send the mail again.

The implementation of the WSPR feature already has many sources.
I just implemented a way to send wspr by uBITX alone without computer or raspberry pi, without any modifications.

The biggest role for uBITX in sending WSPR without any device is testers.
Thank you all the time.

Ian KD8CEC

Hello Ian.

Is the WSPR frequency calculator in uBITX manager working correctly. Or is the uBITX transmitting on the wrong side band ?.
I would like test the update when you have done it.

Philip G7JUR

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Ian Lee

Gerald,
Great!

Your test is really grateful.
I was able to see your callsign at wsprnet.org
I found the cause of the frequency problem. I've made a fix and I'm testing it now. After the test is over, I will write again.
I'd like you to test it again if you can.

Maybe we can calibrate uBITX more precisely through wspr.

Ian KD8CEC

Hi Ian

Thanks a lot for the latest update with the wspr function.

It is now working fine after adjusting the tx frequencies by hand for the 3 chosen bands, 40, 30 and 20m.
The signals have reached all continents except SA with my vertical delta loop antenna..

Is there a way to reduce the output power in the future?

73, Gerald - HB9CEY

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Philip

Hi Ian.

Just updated to the new V1.051, all noted issues fixed.
Done a WSPR transmission on the 40 Meter band.

Many thanks for all the good work you have done.

Philip G7JUR.