Topics

#ubitx Calibration resolution #ubitx

Hi all,

My uBITX is just about perfect now running Ian Lee's 1.02 firmware except for one thing, calibration resolution. It seems that the calibration routine tunes in 50hz increments because if I set it at one number its too low in frequency by about 30-40Hz, if I go to the next number its too high by about the same amount, so I can't get it right on frequency. Ian did a major rewrite of the firmware but didn't touch the Calibration routine that Farhan wrote. If anybody knows how to get it calibrated right on frequency please let me know otherwise it may need to be addressed by those smarter than me.

Joel
N6ALT

Don, ND6T

Joel,
This requires inputting results from the procedure but always works perfectly: http://www.nd6t.com/bitx/Calibration.htm Have fun! 73, Don

I finally got my uBitx calibrated to my satisfaction but I still think there is room for some improvement there. Now waiting for my case to arrive and I can finish it up. So far very happy with it.

Joel
N6ALT

Ian Lee

Thanks for your suggestion.

uBITX Manager allows you to enter calibration values directly.
And now I have changed the BFO Calibration unit from 50Hz to 5Hz.
i will merge the source into the source today.

Ian KD8CEC

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee

Jack Purdum

Was that section in the code what changed it?

Jack, W8TEE