Topics

#ubitx Calibration resolution #ubitx

Hi all,

My uBITX is just about perfect now running Ian Lee's 1.02 firmware except for one thing, calibration resolution. It seems that the calibration routine tunes in 50hz increments because if I set it at one number its too low in frequency by about 30-40Hz, if I go to the next number its too high by about the same amount, so I can't get it right on frequency. Ian did a major rewrite of the firmware but didn't touch the Calibration routine that Farhan wrote. If anybody knows how to get it calibrated right on frequency please let me know otherwise it may need to be addressed by those smarter than me.

Joel
N6ALT

Don, ND6T

Joel,
This requires inputting results from the procedure but always works perfectly: http://www.nd6t.com/bitx/Calibration.htm Have fun! 73, Don

I finally got my uBitx calibrated to my satisfaction but I still think there is room for some improvement there. Now waiting for my case to arrive and I can finish it up. So far very happy with it.

Joel
N6ALT

Ian Lee

Thanks for your suggestion.

uBITX Manager allows you to enter calibration values directly.
And now I have changed the BFO Calibration unit from 50Hz to 5Hz.
i will merge the source into the source today.

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-21 2:46 GMT+09:00 Joel Caulkins <caulktel@...>:

Hi all,

My uBITX is just about perfect now running Ian Lee's 1.02 firmware except for one thing, calibration resolution. It seems that the calibration routine tunes in 50hz increments because if I set it at one number its too low in frequency by about 30-40Hz, if I go to the next number its too high by about the same amount, so I can't get it right on frequency. Ian did a major rewrite of the firmware but didn't touch the Calibration routine that Farhan wrote. If anybody knows how to get it calibrated right on frequency please let me know otherwise it may need to be addressed by those smarter than me.

Joel
N6ALT

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Jack Purdum

Was that section in the code what changed it?

Jack, W8TEE

To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] #ubitx Calibration resolution

I finally got my uBitx calibrated to my satisfaction but I still think there is room for some improvement there. Now waiting for my case to arrive and I can finish it up. So far very happy with it.

Joel
N6ALT

Ian Lee

Jack

I changed it to 1.03 and push it to github.

The modified parts are shown below.

//=================================================
Line Number : 1152, 1154 in ubitx_menu.ino

void menuSetupCarrier(int btn){

if (knob > 0)
      usbCarrier -= 5;
    else if (knob < 0)
      usbCarrier += 5;
    else
      continue; //don't update the frequency or the display

//=================================================

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-22 11:12 GMT+09:00 Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...>:

Was that section in the code what changed it?

Jack, W8TEE

To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] #ubitx Calibration resolution

Joel
N6ALT

--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Thanks Ian, that will help greatly. I figured I could do the calibration from the uBitx manager but didn't know what value to input there. I look forward to some detailed instructions on how to use the new features of the firmware and the uBitx manager. For the time being everything is working quite well.

Joel
N6ALT

ge_clipboard

Hello Ian

Where can I download v 1.03 of your software or the source to compile?

Another question I have, IF-Shift is working perfect in LSB-Mode but has =
no effect with USB-Mode. =3D Where should I have to look for, or ist =
this the momentary state?=20

Thanks for any information and 73, Gerald - HB9CEY

Hi Gerald,

I just downloaded and installed V 1.03 from here: https://github.com/phdlee/ubitx/tree/version1.03
Works great.

Joel
N6ALT