Topics

Connectors

Arvo W0VRA

Apologies in advance if I missed something, but how do I specify the plugs and board connectors matching those used on the hfsignals family?  The search terms I'm trying are too vague. Thanks!

Jerry Gaffke

Yup, a clean miss
Was a thread early last June on pin headers and cable connectors  for the Bitx/uBitx:
    https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/5162271

This link from that thread looks about right:
    https://www.taydaelectronics.com/connectors-sockets/wafer-housing-crimp-terminal/serie-2500-2-54mm.html
Though Mike preferred Mouser 538-08-50-0114  pins as they come already cut apart,
others sources give you a strip that must be cleanly sheared, meant for automatic machines.

As stated in the thread, you might want a crimping tool also, or might prefer
crimping with a pliers and soldering.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 06:02 pm, Arvo KD9HLC wrote:
Apologies in advance if I missed something, but how do I specify the plugs and board connectors matching those used on the hfsignals family?  The search terms I'm trying are too vague. Thanks!

MVS Sarma

Perhaps you need to search for "relimate connector". You get male and female  connectors. You need to specify pitch and number of pins.
All the best
sarma
 vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:33 AM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, everyone!

Looks like KF2510 is the type.

Mike Yancey

I keep a (nearly) full set of those - buy them on Tayda and you'll laugh at your shopping cart on checkout: 475 pieces... Total cost, probably $11.

They're really useful, though - I use them on proto-board projects all the time. Just really easy to keep power wired polarized, connect & disconnect quickly,
clean & tidy.

Mike Yancey, KM5Z
Dallas, Texas

Michael Hagen

Yes, BUT Pins are 3 Cents, 4 at Mouser.  $.07 for the connector, $.28 for pins!

Tayda is the Place for Connectors!

Mike, WA6ISP

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street

Paul Schumacher

Mike

I looked at the connectors at Tayda.  It looked like you only get one side of it, the side
with the pins already installed.  What is the part number or numbers that get both halves?

thanks,

Paul

[...]

The style is KF2510.

At 21/02/2018, you wrote:
Mike

I looked at the connectors at Tayda. It looked like you only get one side of it, the side
with the pins already installed. What is the part number or numbers that get both halves?

thanks,

Paul

DaveC <murzim@...>

search eBay for Molex ok series connectors. You want the ones with 2.54mm pin spacing

DaveC <murzim@...>

That should be Molex KK series connectors

Michael Hagen

Tayda has the best prices and stock.  Look under connectors, wafers, 2.54MM (0.1").

Find the 2 parts you want and buy pins.  So 3 items per size (Pins).  Watch out, there a 90 Degree headers.

Pins are 3 Cents.  I really like Tayda for connectors, I have bought over $300 of them!

Sometimes you get a cream color, I like the white, but you get what you get!

Mike, WA6ISP

On 2/20/2018 9:57 PM, Raj vu2zap wrote:
See if you can order it from VU ebay or amazon..

https://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=relimate&_sacat=0

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=relimate

At 21/02/2018, you wrote:
Mike

I looked at the connectors at Tayda.  It looked like you only get one side of it, the side
with the pins already installed.  What is the part number or numbers that get both halves?

thanks,

Paul

--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

James Lynes

Paul:

I ordered the connector shells/hoods from Tayda.

"Housing Connector 2.54mm"

Pins 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12
Part # A-826, A-827, A-828, A-829, A-832, A-835

Ordered a mix of sizes (+/- 300 total). Cost about $10 USD including shipping.

I ordered the pins from Mouser. I believe  4 cents per pin.
538-08-51-0108-CT  cut tape/reel
538-08-51-0108-LP loose pins

James