Topics

trying to setup BITx40 board .. where to connect speaker and microphone jack

Sunil Choudhary

Using BITx40 kit not able to hear any static or anything when i connect

i am not sure whether to connect jack with mic
or with 7 pin connector.

please advise

Sunil Choudhary

this is a normal mobile headphone that i connected to speaker wired jack.

Hope by now you have already understood that this is my FIRST post.

pls Help!!!

Sunil

Sunil,

You have unused wires perilously close to the heat sink! Please insulate all unused ones or extricate them from the connector.

Raj

At 17/02/2018, you wrote:
[]

this is a normal mobile headphone that i connected to speaker wired jack.

Hope by now you have already understood that this is my FIRST post.

pls Help!!!

Sunil Content-Id: <attach_0_1514151D8A106F39_17917@groups.io>

MVS Sarma

Sunil Jee
 this link helps you .But makes the leads shorterin RF section.
 study carefuilly
 it is farhan's site itself.
 all the best.
 sarma
 vu3zmv

Regards
MVS Sarma

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 3:39 PM, Sunil Choudhary <sunil.choudhary@...> wrote:

this is a normal mobile headphone that i connected to speaker wired jack.

Hope by now you have already understood that this is my FIRST post.

pls Help!!!

Sunil

Tom VE3THR

you are using earbuds from a cellphone? It has 4 connections on the plug- tip - ring - ring - sleeve. The jack supplied in the kit is 3 conductor - tip - ring - sleeve. It is closed circuit type. You are probably shorting out the audio when plugging in - get proper 4 cond jack. Or you use an old speaker maybe from a radio or computer 8 ohm type 1/4 to 1 watt type. DON't connect the black wire from the board to negative or ground. If mounting the jack on a metal panel then you must get an isolated ground type jack. You still have to key the radio PTT somehow, can't do that with earbuds. I use a 3 conductor jack for microphone and PTT on one cable. Separate speaker jack.  ALSO connect a dummy load to the antenna B4 playing with PTT and MIC connections just to be safe. You probably don't have a 2.5Amp fuse inline with the power yet either?
Hope that helps. Remember there is no dumb questions, just answers!
73 Tom