Topics

No receive audio from antenna, Bitx40 #bitx40

Lisa.beasley42@...

Bitx40 no receive audio at all when attached to an antenna or on a dummy load.  I have a speaker and headphone jack wired.  Baofeng mic and ptt are on separate 3.5 mm jack. VFO changes frequencies, Power comes on and appears to work as expected.  I have a 10 turn pot and made the modifications for tuning range within the options field.  Is there a description of basic troubleshooting with a multi-meter to test what continuity or amps should be present at certain points on the board or another way to narrow down the problem?

KC9SGV <kc9sgv@...>

Hi Lisa,
Here....

Bernie,
KC9SGV

On Feb 5, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Lisa.beasley42@... wrote:

Bitx40 no receive audio at all when attached to an antenna or on a dummy load.  I have a speaker and headphone jack wired.  Baofeng mic and ptt are on separate 3.5 mm jack. VFO changes frequencies, Power comes on and appears to work as expected.  I have a 10 turn pot and made the modifications for tuning range within the options field.  Is there a description of basic troubleshooting with a multi-meter to test what continuity or amps should be present at certain points on the board or another way to narrow down the problem?

Lisa.beasley42@...

After checking the voltage on Qx inputs, I discovered that the radio is in transmit mode.  It went to receive with sound when I pull the PTT connector wires.  The mic/ptt is wired wrong.  Time to review and perhaps start from scratch on that part.