Date   
Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

Clark WU4B
 

Travel with me back in time...to 2016.  I purchased a BITX40 v.3 without the Raduino.  Now I am unable to find the simple wiring diagram I though came with it. 

I've just spent about an hour searching the Files and cannot seem to locate it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
--
72,

Clark WU4B
QRPARCI # 10815

Re: Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

Vince Vielhaber
 

The wiring diagram is on hfsignals.com. It's the same for the v5 as the v3.

Vince.

On 07/29/2019 09:04 PM, Clark WU4B wrote:
Travel with me back in time...to 2016. I purchased a BITX40 v.3 without
the Raduino. Now I am unable to find the simple wiring diagram I though
came with it.

I've just spent about an hour searching the Files and cannot seem to
locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
72,

Clark WU4B
QRPARCI # 10815

Re: Antuino fix

Ashhar Farhan
 

Dave and others,
If you need the parts to fix, just drop a mail to hfsignals@.... they will ship you the resistors, transistors and the coil for free. I have arranged it for them to mail it free for those who bought it at the fdim.
- f

On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 2:43 AM David Wilcox via Groups.Io, <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is anyone considering ordering the parts for the Antuino fix and selling them in sets for those of us who don't have an SMD junque box?  I would be interested and have two friends with the same problems, I would fix theirs at the same time if kits of parts were available.

Dave K8WPE

Re: Antuino fix

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>
 

That’s very generous of both you and them and should be appreciated

Gordon



On Jul 29, 2019, at 21:38, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Dave and others,
If you need the parts to fix, just drop a mail to hfsignals@.... they will ship you the resistors, transistors and the coil for free. I have arranged it for them to mail it free for those who bought it at the fdim.
- f

On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 2:43 AM David Wilcox via Groups.Io, <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is anyone considering ordering the parts for the Antuino fix and selling them in sets for those of us who don't have an SMD junque box?  I would be interested and have two friends with the same problems, I would fix theirs at the same time if kits of parts were available.

Dave K8WPE

Re: Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

Jerry Gaffke
 

Even though your Bitx40 shipped without a Raduino, 
it is the same wiring diagram as those that do have the Raduino:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/

Except that:
    1)  You don't wire up a Raduino to the "DDS" connector on your Bitx40
    2)  Make sure L4 is stuffed, it gets removed if you are using a Raduino
    3)  Add a 10k linear potentiometer to the three pin connector that says "TUNING".

I have a v3 board, bought when the Raduino first came out in Dec 2016.
I believe it is identical to what is shipped today if you order a Bitx40.

The only schematics available for the Bitx40 show discrete 1n4148 diodes at D15 and D16 in the modulator.
On my v3 the D15,D16,R105 got replaced with a BAT54S dual diode,
no need for the pot at R105 since the diodes are matched.
I believe there was an earlier version of the board that did use the discrete diodes there.
The v5 board that Vince is thinking of is probably a uBitx.

The analog VFO using L4 is rather unstable, especially as things heat up when transmitting.
That's why your board has a DDS connector.  Even before the Raduino came out,
many users were cooking up their own digital VFO using an SI570/Si5351 PLL chip
or one of the Analog Devices DDS chips.

Jerry, KE7ER


On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 06:06 PM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
The wiring diagram is on hfsignals.com. It's the same for the v5 as the v3.

Vince.
Hide quoted text

 

On 07/29/2019 09:04 PM, Clark WU4B wrote:
Travel with me back in time...to 2016. I purchased a BITX40 v.3 without
the Raduino. Now I am unable to find the simple wiring diagram I though
came with it.

I've just spent about an hour searching the Files and cannot seem to
locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
72,

Clark WU4B
QRPARCI # 10815

Re: Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

Olivier Grand
 

Hi !
See attached
Regards 
Olivier

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com


Le mar. 30 juil. 2019 à 03:05, Clark WU4B <clark.macaulay@...> a écrit :
Travel with me back in time...to 2016.  I purchased a BITX40 v.3 without the Raduino.  Now I am unable to find the simple wiring diagram I though came with it. 

I've just spent about an hour searching the Files and cannot seem to locate it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
--
72,

Clark WU4B
QRPARCI # 10815

Cool cheap oscilloscope for troubleshooting

Tom, wb6b
 

Hi,

Anyone looking for a low cost scope to trouble shoot (a least audio and low frequency such as encoders) parts of their UBitx, these little oscilloscopes were on sale. I bought one. It only has a 1 Mhz bandwidth, but that is better than the 200 Khz bandwidth on many of the other cheap tiny scopes. 

So far I've liked it and have use it for observing some pulse width modulate signals where the frequency and duty-cycle readouts were handy. It is totally isolated when running on its battery. That is a nice feature. 

I have another radio with an intermittent causing both the transmit power and receive signal strength to abruptly change. Am planning to make an RF detector probe with a diode and capacitor and just leave this little scope attached to various points in the RF chain to see where I see the signal change in step with the change in my transmit power or S meter on receive (particularly the background noise floor on the S meter). This little scope won't take up a bunch of room while doing these measurements and may provide me with a little more interesting information than a DVM. 

https://www.banggood.com/DSO188-Pocket-Digital-Ultra-small-Oscilloscope-1M-Bandwidth-5M-Sample-Rate-Handheld-Oscilloscope-Kit-p-1315186.html?rmmds=home-mid-relatedViewed&cur_warehouse=CN

Here is a review on a site that specializes in trying out low cost Chinese electronic gizmos. Not sure if my later model is calibrated better than the one he tested, but did not strike me as really bad. 

https://chinese-electronics-products-tested.blogspot.com/p/dso188-matchbox-scope-tested.html

Tom, wb6b

----

----

Re: Antuino fix

David Wilcox
 

Where else do you find service like this?  This reminds me of the good old days when I moved to Traverse City to start medical practice.  Most of the business was conducted with a hand shake...... even borrowed $10,000 from a local banker on a hand shake.  I asked if I needed to sign something.  He said he would send me the paperwork later.......   Farhan rates up there with Elecraft and QRP Labs for service.  I took a flyer on his new project and he is standing by it.  What a hobby.

David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jul 29, 2019, at 10:12 PM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...> wrote:

That’s very generous of both you and them and should be appreciated

Gordon



On Jul 29, 2019, at 21:38, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Dave and others,
If you need the parts to fix, just drop a mail to hfsignals@.... they will ship you the resistors, transistors and the coil for free. I have arranged it for them to mail it free for those who bought it at the fdim.
- f

On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 2:43 AM David Wilcox via Groups.Io, <Djwilcox01=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is anyone considering ordering the parts for the Antuino fix and selling them in sets for those of us who don't have an SMD junque box?  I would be interested and have two friends with the same problems, I would fix theirs at the same time if kits of parts were available.

Dave K8WPE

Re: Antuino fix

Daniel Walter
 

Dave, those were my thoughts too...  
Thanks for the generous answer, Farhan. 
--
Dan, NM3A

Re: uBitx V5 and JS8Call - Losing tx power on long transmissions. #js8call #v5 #ubitx

Jimmy Capizzi
 

Thanks for all the input guys, I got it worked out, and yes the finals were getting HOT!

What I ended up doing is putting a small fan on the back of the case, and I also turned down the power output (RV1 I think),cause I had it pegged full tilt.

On the js8 computer, I lowered the sound card output also, so it read the same as a CW carrier on the meter. Now I am working JS8Call on the uBitx successfully.

K3CHB

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019, 11:49 AM Dennis Beverage <Sodypop@...> wrote:
Great tip Doug.  Looks like it would fit with most cases.  Probably would eliminate the need for bigger heat sinks in most cases.  I don’t even have a case yet, but I’m ordering one anyway.
--
Sodypop🤠
KJ6VGB

Re: Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

Clark WU4B
 

Thanks to all who replied and also to Jerry on a little bit of history.  It wasn’t clear to me what I would use in place of Raduino which I don’t have.  
--

Re: Wiring Instructions for BITX40 v. 3

MVS Sarma
 

Buy one. Lot of friend boght replacements and original raduinos are spare


On Tue, 30 Jul 2019, 5:46 pm Clark WU4B, <clark.macaulay@...> wrote:
Thanks to all who replied and also to Jerry on a little bit of history.  It wasn’t clear to me what I would use in place of Raduino which I don’t have.  
--

Re: Cool cheap oscilloscope for troubleshooting

Don--AE4DW
 

Another good cheap option is the the DSO150 from JYETech. They come in varying kit forms, and are a cheap useful little scope. You have to be careful with the JYETech series as there are all kinds of clones with pirated firmware, so if you go this route, make sure it is actually from JYETech.

It will never be mistaken for a good lab grade Tektronix scope, but will suffice for quick and dirty troubleshooting.

https://jyetech.com/

Replacing firmware Ubitx V5 problems

Herman Scheper
 

Today connetced my Ubitx V5 with my pc. See in IO section that I am connected with com.3 and have a bau rate from 57600 Bd. Comport USB-serial ( com3) I want to upload Hex file  UbitX v5 CEC hex file.
I use Xloader , place hex file on the right place/ find not the device name as Meaga(ATMEGA 1280) or  Duremilanove/Nano(Atmega 328) but have a choise between CR03 or another ending on 01.
After giving command upload get message that 'he'is uploading but this will never end...……

What I did wrong??????   what i forgot…? What i can do to get it working again……


PA0BAB  ( someone in my neighbourhood…???? ) can help me...?

Re: Antuino fix

Michael Aiello
 

What is the email address for the parts request? hfsignals@... does not seem to be a good email address.
Thanks and 73
Mike N2HTT

Re: Antuino fix

Ashhar Farhan
 


On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 6:39 PM Michael Aiello, <n2htt.mike@...> wrote:
What is the email address for the parts request? hfsignals@... does not seem to be a good email address.
Thanks and 73
Mike N2HTT

Re: Cool cheap oscilloscope for troubleshooting

Ashhar Farhan
 

The oscilloscope is a very useful tool. But you will need something that goes upto at least 50 Mhz. Dont invest in anything less than 20 Mhz. A second hand tek from ebay will be a good bet.
Alternatively, you can build an AD8307 based power meter. This can cost less than ten dollars and measures power upto 500 mhz.
- f

On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 5:56 PM Don--AE4DW, <dwinflorida@...> wrote:
Another good cheap option is the the DSO150 from JYETech. They come in varying kit forms, and are a cheap useful little scope. You have to be careful with the JYETech series as there are all kinds of clones with pirated firmware, so if you go this route, make sure it is actually from JYETech.

It will never be mistaken for a good lab grade Tektronix scope, but will suffice for quick and dirty troubleshooting.

https://jyetech.com/

Re: FS: QRP Gear

MadRadioModder
 

WHATS THIS?

 

 

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of N8DAH
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 4:32 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] FS: QRP Gear

 


--
David

 N8DAH
Kit-Projects.com

Shop is open!


Virus-free. www.avg.com

--

…_. _._

Re: Antuino fix

KD2QMZ
 

mY uBITX v4 seems to be out of aliment or bad audio.

I wanted to get V5. I got a 4.3" screen to install to it.

Do I still need to enhance or do any kind of modifications to it due to problems after this latest build?

Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

On Tue 30 Jul, 2019, 6:39 PM Michael Aiello, <n2htt.mike@...> wrote:
What is the email address for the parts request? hfsignals@... does not seem to be a good email address.
Thanks and 73
Mike N2HTT

Re: Cool cheap oscilloscope for troubleshooting

Robert D. Bowers
 

The bandwidth would be adequate to catch glitches like that, and to work with audio.  Depending on the design, it wouldn't be that useful to look at IF frequencies (except with a RF probe), and they do make 'cheap' ones that will cover up to 50 mhz or so.  It should be adequate for encoders and so on - would even have enough bandwidth to pick up encoder glitches (they do happen sometimes).  I used to have a 'pen scope' that went to 5mhz and it was very handy for the sort of work I was doing, but not so good for repairing radios.

If it interfaces with a computer (most of the ones I know of do) and you can use it to catch signals or signal changes, that would be a big help in what you're trying to do.  Also, is it single or dual trace?  Dual trace multiplies the utility of the scope, as long as you can catch both signals at the same time.  (Most are.)

I'd be interested in seeing how something like this works with a zener sweeper or curve tracer - VERY useful add-ons for a scope.

Bob

N4FBZ


On 7/30/19 2:50 AM, Tom, wb6b wrote:
Hi,

Anyone looking for a low cost scope to trouble shoot (a least audio and low frequency such as encoders) parts of their UBitx, these little oscilloscopes were on sale. I bought one. It only has a 1 Mhz bandwidth, but that is better than the 200 Khz bandwidth on many of the other cheap tiny scopes. 

So far I've liked it and have use it for observing some pulse width modulate signals where the frequency and duty-cycle readouts were handy. It is totally isolated when running on its battery. That is a nice feature. 

I have another radio with an intermittent causing both the transmit power and receive signal strength to abruptly change. Am planning to make an RF detector probe with a diode and capacitor and just leave this little scope attached to various points in the RF chain to see where I see the signal change in step with the change in my transmit power or S meter on receive (particularly the background noise floor on the S meter). This little scope won't take up a bunch of room while doing these measurements and may provide me with a little more interesting information than a DVM. 

https://www.banggood.com/DSO188-Pocket-Digital-Ultra-small-Oscilloscope-1M-Bandwidth-5M-Sample-Rate-Handheld-Oscilloscope-Kit-p-1315186.html?rmmds=home-mid-relatedViewed&cur_warehouse=CN

Here is a review on a site that specializes in trying out low cost Chinese electronic gizmos. Not sure if my later model is calibrated better than the one he tested, but did not strike me as really bad. 

https://chinese-electronics-products-tested.blogspot.com/p/dso188-matchbox-scope-tested.html

Tom, wb6b

----

----

Attachments: