Date   
Re: UBitx v5 (CEC v 1.2) Tunig Clicks

jsternmd
 

Where does the click sound originate?  Its not audio, is it one of the relay?

Re: UBitx v5 (CEC v 1.2) Tunig Clicks

MVS Sarma
 

I suppose, it is closely following blinks of  red LED in arduino board.


On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, 5:15 pm jsternmd, <jsternmd@...> wrote:
Where does the click sound originate?  Its not audio, is it one of the relay?

Re: UBitx v5 (CEC v 1.2) Tunig Clicks

Dennis Yancey
 

not sure where the audible cliek comes from, but changing the encoder to one without clicks removes it.. plus you can move around the band much faster.. 

--
72 and God bless
KD4EPG

Re: Antuino 2.0

Don--AE4DW
 

It appears there is still a lot of tweaking being done to get the Antuino where it needs to be for mass production and sale.

Is there a new target date for when it will be available to us (anxious and loyal) hfsignals customers?

Re: Antuino - the antenna analyzer

Paul Galburt - K2AYZ
 

Thanks so much for the work on this design.

I noticed that the schematic included in your original post has a single 3-crystal filter while the one on GIT hub has two complete filters chained. Can you explain which is correct?

Thanks!

Paul K2AYZ

Re: Antuino - the antenna analyzer

Ashhar Farhan
 

go by the one on the github
- f

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:46 PM Paul Galburt - K2AYZ <galburt@...> wrote:
Thanks so much for the work on this design.

I noticed that the schematic included in your original post has a single 3-crystal filter while the one on GIT hub has two complete filters chained. Can you explain which is correct?

Thanks!

Paul K2AYZ

Relationship of Calibration to BFO tuning v-5 #calibration #ubitx-help

Brad
 

All,

I've been reading this group's posting for several months along with relevant postings for this topic...but I have some remaining confusion/questions.

1) What is the right order of adjustment: calibrate then adjust BFO or vis a vera? HF Signals says calibrate first.

2) When I calibrate on a strong AM broadcast signal as suggested by HF Signals I get a different settings depending on the day. Also that setting is not always the best when calibrating on 10MHz or 15 MHz. What is the preferred calibration method?

3) What is the relationship between the calibration adjustment and the BFO adjustment? Through many trial and error attempts, I find that changing the calibration setting also changes the BFO setting. Sometimes with large effect, i. e., from 11,055,500 to 11,058,800.

4) As a heads up, for those using CEC v 1.2 with Nextion 3.5 display, the config/read will display the current setting for calibration and the last setting tuned for BFO. However, if a calibration has been performed after the last BFO adjustment, the config/read will display the old BFO adjustment. A different BFO starting point will be displayed when ending Adjust BFO via the Settings screen.

73 Brad

Re: Relationship of Calibration to BFO tuning v-5 #calibration #ubitx-help

ajparent1/KB1GMX
 

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:06 PM, Brad wrote:
1) What is the right order of adjustment: calibrate then adjust BFO or vis a vera? HF Signals says calibrate first.
Alwaus do what the book says, they may have slues you don't.
2) When I calibrate on a strong AM broadcast signal as suggested by HF Signals I get a different settings depending on the day. Also that setting is not always the best when calibrating on 10MHz or 15 MHz. What is the preferred calibration method?
Sound like you not zero beating or the adjustment is not being kept.

3) What is the relationship between the calibration adjustment and the BFO adjustment? Through many trial and error attempts, I find that changing the calibration setting also changes the BFO setting. Sometimes with large effect, i. e., from 11,055,500 to 11,058,800.
FIrst the Main cal must be done so that the actual frequency of the BFO is correct then you tweak that for best audio.

4) As a heads up, for those using CEC v 1.2 with Nextion 3.5 display, the config/read will display the current setting for calibration and the last setting tuned for BFO. However, if a calibration has been performed after the last BFO adjustment, the config/read will display the old BFO adjustment. A different BFO starting point will be displayed when ending Adjust BFO via the Settings screen.
With CEC and non Standard Raduino code consult the author of the code.

Allison

Re: Relay pin needed? #ubitx-help

Chris [N7CCX]
 

I actually was helped by another ham... this runs to the top of the L16... and the solder completed/continuity'ed.

Looks like my botch job wasnt a botch.

This was V4 by the way 

Re: Relationship of Calibration to BFO tuning v-5 #calibration #ubitx-help

Evan Hand
 

The calibration function adjusts the base frequency of the Si5351, so all clocks are adjusted, including the PFO and 2nd IF frequency.  For me I have found that adjusting the BFO, to get best response, then calibrate, then go back and tweak the BFO.  This process for a version 3 or 4, or a version 5 with CEC software.

To adjust the BFO, I use an audio spectrum analyzer (Free PC based).  The way that I do it is to tune to a free frequency and then adjust the BFO for a flat response between 500 and 2500 hertz.

The stock software for a version 5 now goes into transmit mode to set calibration, so be sure you have a dummy load or tuned antenna along with a second receiver.

Check out this thread:
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/29604345#64518

FWIW and YMMV
73
Evan
AC9TU

Re: Relay pin needed? #ubitx-help

MVS Sarma
 

you can have a wire patch from relay pin to the PTH hole after seeing the Photos from RAJ.

All the best
sarma   vu3zmv


On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 2:25 AM Chris [N7CCX] <chriscoel@...> wrote:
I actually was helped by another ham... this runs to the top of the L16... and the solder completed/continuity'ed.

Looks like my botch job wasnt a botch.

This was V4 by the way 

630 meters band

KD2QMZ
 

Anyone has done anything to convert the mbitx for 630 meters band use? phone or SSB?

I am interested to fit into the same case for the mbitx for the ubitx or mbitx case from india kits.

Thanks.

Re: 630 meters band

Skip Davis
 

What is a mbitx?

Skip Davis, NC9O 

On Jul 16, 2019, at 11:36, KD2QMZ <syracusepro@...> wrote:

Anyone has done anything to convert the mbitx for 630 meters band use? phone or SSB?

I am interested to fit into the same case for the mbitx for the ubitx or mbitx case from india kits.

Thanks.

Re: 630 meters band

Doug W
 

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.
 
--
www.bitxmap.com

sketch for Bitx40 with the encoder #arduino #bitx40help #bitx40 #nano

SaMa photo SaMa photo
 

Good evening
I know the question might seem silly and pretentious! But since I don't know anything about programming, where can I find a sketch for the complete BITX40 already with the encoder?
Thank you
Sergio

Re: 630 meters band

Lawrence Galea
 

Very easy to use the Greek micro symbol.
just install the Greek keyboard and you can swap between keyboards.
The letter M becomes the Greek letter μ
L becomes the Greek letter lambda λ
Same with other letters.
Enjoy


On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.
 
--
www.bitxmap.com

Re: sketch for Bitx40 with the encoder #arduino #bitx40help #bitx40 #nano

Don, ND6T
 

Sergio: Here are two : http://www.nd6t.com/bitx/documentation/encoder
73,
Don

Re: 630 meters band

Vince Vielhaber
 

Talk about hijacking a thread. The Greek alphabet has ZERO to do with his question about 630 meters.

While the uB is capable of receiving 630, you'd have to add your own bandpass filters. I remember someone asking about transmitting down there once before but don't remember what the answer was.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/16/2019 01:17 PM, Lawrence Galea wrote:
Very easy to use the Greek micro symbol.
just install the Greek keyboard and you can swap between keyboards.
The letter M becomes the Greek letter μ
L becomes the Greek letter lambda λ
Same with other letters.
Enjoy


On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...
<mailto:dougwilner@...>> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:

What is a mbitx?

Many are calling the µBITX UBITX. While convenient, it is not
technically correct. Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro. Since
most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the
character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230
is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute. While
*u* looks closer I think *m* is closer to the designer's intention.

--
www.bitxmap.com <http://www.bitxmap.com>

Re: 630 meters band

KD2QMZ
 

ubitx is the kit hfsignals sell. The same kit is sold in US by Gigaparts.com and named MBITX.


On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Vince Vielhaber <vev@...> wrote:
Talk about hijacking a thread.  The Greek alphabet has ZERO to do with
his question about 630 meters.

While the uB is capable of receiving 630, you'd have to add your own
bandpass filters.  I remember someone asking about transmitting down
there once before but don't remember what the answer was.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 07/16/2019 01:17 PM, Lawrence Galea wrote:
> Very easy to use the Greek micro symbol.
> just install the Greek keyboard and you can swap between keyboards.
> The letter M becomes the Greek letter μ
> L becomes the Greek letter lambda λ
> Same with other letters.
> Enjoy
>
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 6:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...
> <mailto:dougwilner@...>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
>
>         What is a mbitx?
>
>     Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not
>     technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since
>     most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the
>     character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230
>     is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While
>     *u* looks closer I think *m* is closer to the designer's intention.
>
>     --
>     www.bitxmap.com <http://www.bitxmap.com>
>
>

--
   K8ZW  http://www.metalworkingfun.com   http://www.hamradio.fun



Re: 630 meters band

KD2QMZ
 

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:31 PM Doug W <dougwilner@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Skip Davis wrote:
What is a mbitx?
Many are calling the µBITX  UBITX.  While convenient, it is not technically correct.  Ashhar named the radio µ as in micro.  Since most keyboards do not have a µ and at least on windows going to the character map to cut and paste is a hassle and remembering Alt + 230 is not the top of most folk's life goal lists, we substitute.  While u looks closer I think m is closer to the designer's intention.
 
--
www.bitxmap.com