Date   
Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

q q
 

Try this one, I built one last summer and it works very well.  Has many features including a digital volt meter.

All SMD so you need your mag glasses to assemble.

http://www.gabotronics.com/electronic-kits-modules/kit-to-build-xprotolab.htm

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>
 

Ian,

I'm enjoying the v0.33 and I now have my Raspbery Pi and TFT Touch Screen so I hope to give it a go this weekend to run FT8 with the uBITX!
This will be a new mode for me so an initially steep learning curve all the way around.


Dave WI6R



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Kari

Thanks for using this firmware.

I worked on uBITX firmware yesterday and customize wsjtx from today. I will introduce something interesting in a few days. If you are using digital mode, it will probably be interesting.

I also love FT8 and JT65

Ian KD8CEC

2018. 2. 1. 오후 5:19에 "Kari Syrjänen" <beaconhunter@...>님이 작성:
Ian's firmwares working great! I have been using then since version 0.25

Now running 0.33 and working 7MHz FT8-mode. Over 350 QSO.s in my logbook

TNX!

Kari OH5YW


--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)




--
73 Dave WI6R

Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Jerry Gaffke
 

I now see that JYE-Tech has made their source code available for the DSO138 scope.
    https://github.com/essboyer/DSO138
The source on github I referenced previously has some new features added beyond the original JYE-Tech code.

And here's the user's manual, including complete schematics:
    https://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/UserManual_138_new.pdf

Very nice of JYE-Tech to release all that, would be good karma to support them by avoiding clones.
It's more likely to work, and you are more likely to get support if it doesn't.
They specifically mention the SainSmart clone up on their website.

Though if all you need is to poke at the audio and control circuits of a *Bitx*
and are willing to live with displaying it to a laptop screen,
the $2 BluePill plus a couple voltage scaling resistors is about all it would take.
Well, that and a week to get it working properly.

Jerry


On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:02 am, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
There's open source firmware for that scope:
    https://github.com/ardyesp/DLO-138

Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Fred Buecker
 

On Feb 1, 2018 3:45 PM, "Christopher Miller" <djmalak2k6@...> wrote:
oops I didn't see all the replies. I purchased the kit and the case on wish. They are sold separately. It looks like its searchable by dso138 or 13804k.

chris kf4ftr

Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Doug W
 

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 01:40 pm, Jerry Gaffke wrote:
Very nice of JYE-Tech to release all that, would be good karma to support them by avoiding clones.
It's more likely to work, and you are more likely to get support if it doesn't.
They specifically mention the SainSmart clone up on their website.
To build on Jerry's point, https://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e138.php is worth a read.  I've been looking at these kits off and on and had no idea. 
I've purchased SainSmart filament in the past, never again.

Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Jerry Gaffke
 

I think that DSO138 scope would be quite useful for audio stuff and for looking at control lines from the Nano.
I'm not convinced it would show an envelope when looking at RF from the modulator, just a DC average.

JYE has posted their manual with complete schematics:
    https://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e138.php
and posted their original source code (the stuff I pointed to earlier has a few extra features):
    https://github.com/essboyer/DSO138

Would be good karma to buy from them, and their's is more likely to work and get technical support.
There are clones.

Jerry


On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 01:32 pm, Dexter N Muir wrote:
RF to/from will show the envelope.

Re: Second batch of uBITX shipping? #ubitx

John Kemker
 

Ordered mine on the 21st of December.  Would love to know how close it is to shipping.
--

73 de W5NNH

Re: Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

M Garza <mgarza896@...>
 

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Mike, if you get a chance, would you provide a link example of the spring load 1" boxes.

Thanks
Roy
WA0YMH

On Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I am throwing away a bag of 0402s I have collected over the years.  I hate them!

I have 10s of thousands of SMDs.  I have shoe boxes full.  Some of the "Pill" boxes at the 99Cent stores work OK.

I take a 100 at a time out of the strips so I can grab them with tweezers out of pill boxes.  I label the top with a small avery label.

You can even get them for 5 or so pills a day and 7 days.  So 28 compartments in one small box.  Some pill boxes are so cheap, it is hard to open the flap lids.  So I have learned to buy just one for trial.

The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the internet.  They lock together in any size pattern.  The lids are clear and have a spring.  You push the latch with your tweezers and the lip flips up.   Some vendors even send the whole selection of resistors out in them.   In about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP


On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE



From: Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said:    I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:    http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for 30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:21 am, Tim Gorman wrote:
I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.



-- 
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...


Re: Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

M Garza <mgarza896@...>
 

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:36 PM, M Garza <mgarza896@...> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Mike, if you get a chance, would you provide a link example of the spring load 1" boxes.

Thanks
Roy
WA0YMH

On Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I am throwing away a bag of 0402s I have collected over the years.  I hate them!

I have 10s of thousands of SMDs.  I have shoe boxes full.  Some of the "Pill" boxes at the 99Cent stores work OK.

I take a 100 at a time out of the strips so I can grab them with tweezers out of pill boxes.  I label the top with a small avery label.

You can even get them for 5 or so pills a day and 7 days.  So 28 compartments in one small box.  Some pill boxes are so cheap, it is hard to open the flap lids.  So I have learned to buy just one for trial.

The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the internet.  They lock together in any size pattern.  The lids are clear and have a spring.  You push the latch with your tweezers and the lip flips up.   Some vendors even send the whole selection of resistors out in them.   In about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP


On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE



From: Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said:    I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:    http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for 30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:21 am, Tim Gorman wrote:
I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.



-- 
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...



Re: Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Michael Hagen
 

Yes, looks like the same.  I got mine from Seeed.  There are White, Pink, Green, Blue.

They have long ones too.

I have a lot of them, also pill boxes.   These are more expensive but much better.

I have most all values of 0602 Resistors all hooked together.  I used a label program to print on small Avery type labels with the values.

My 99Cent store usually has several size labels in small packets.

Mike

https://www.seeedstudio.com/category/Small-Size-Components-Storage-Box-5-PCs-per-lot-blue-p-1169.html


On 2/1/2018 2:40 PM, M Garza wrote:

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:36 PM, M Garza <mgarza896@...> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Roy Appleton <twelveoclockhigh@...> wrote:
Mike, if you get a chance, would you provide a link example of the spring load 1" boxes.

Thanks
Roy
WA0YMH

On Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...> wrote:

I am throwing away a bag of 0402s I have collected over the years.  I hate them!

I have 10s of thousands of SMDs.  I have shoe boxes full.  Some of the "Pill" boxes at the 99Cent stores work OK.

I take a 100 at a time out of the strips so I can grab them with tweezers out of pill boxes.  I label the top with a small avery label.

You can even get them for 5 or so pills a day and 7 days.  So 28 compartments in one small box.  Some pill boxes are so cheap, it is hard to open the flap lids.  So I have learned to buy just one for trial.

The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the internet.  They lock together in any size pattern.  The lids are clear and have a spring.  You push the latch with your tweezers and the lip flips up.   Some vendors even send the whole selection of resistors out in them.   In about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP


On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE



From: Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...>
To: BITX20@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said:    I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:    http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for 30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:21 am, Tim Gorman wrote:
I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners so I can fold it into a tray.



-- 
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...



-- 
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID  "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Ian Lee
 

Thanks for your effort.
The Band frequency input of uBITX Manager is my mistake. I set the maximum input value too small.
I will fix it in the next version and upload it.
And I thought about two of them. The problem with step is to use 1 byte of eeprom.
In other words, when the maximum value is 255 and 500 is input, 500% is 256 = 254. I am thinking of a way to increase the value.

We will add an option to prevent the top line from appearing.
If you check the option, the call-out will appear as before.
I think you used uBITX Manager a lot. I think you have probably checked the Scroll display option.
The scroll display was created to show a lot of information in a small LCD of unmodified uBITX.
When other VFO frequency is scroll displayed, I am thinking of putting in the way of the previous call sign.

The next version will fix all issues.

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-02 2:33 GMT+09:00 David S via Groups.Io <dcsuk10@...>:

Ian

 I'm a late comer to your party, amazing code functionality, takes the radio to another lever with the CAT, especially for digital.   No issues with uploading to the radio, I figured out how to use Xloader, a really simple way of getting the right code into the radio. 

I've also more or less got to grips with the uBitx manager and have a few comments, I entered my callsign and set it to display (permanently) on the previous manager software, the latest version has the alternate VFO frequency displayed in the callsign position and wipes it out.  I can't see any way of stopping either the 2nd VFO frequency or the Step from displaying, it could do with a settings flag. 

There's also an anomaly in the code step function, probably I didn't read about the it correctly.  It works as expected, a little fiddly getting the correct function press time, however  when I entered 500Hz, it's accepted by the manager, it saves and recovers from disc correctly but is implemented as 244Hz by the radio.

A quick question about the band frequencies, the maximum frequency I can enter is 99999 (Hz), sometimes a read from the radio gives a sensible frequency 554970912 (Hz) & mode 1.  Sorry I just can't figure this at all.

The other oddie is that I would expect to be ably to read a configuration file from disc both with or without the radio being connected.  I find that I have to read from the radio to allow a backup to be read from the disc.

I can see that you've got the bit well and truly between your teeth, are there any plans to add functionality for a 4 line or any other display.

Best regards & many thanks for the sharing the huge increase in functionality. 

David  G8DJM



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Ian Lee
 

Looks great!!!

I am now making fun with raspberry pi.
As soon as I first received uBITX, Wow! I thought I could make something fun with this. 
To do this, the first was to put the basic functions in uBITX. Like a regular radio.
And now I try to do some fun with Raspberry Pi.
I will notify you when it is released.

Ian KD8CEC


2018-02-02 6:35 GMT+09:00 Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>:

Ian,

I'm enjoying the v0.33 and I now have my Raspbery Pi and TFT Touch Screen so I hope to give it a go this weekend to run FT8 with the uBITX!
This will be a new mode for me so an initially steep learning curve all the way around.


Dave WI6R



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Kari

Thanks for using this firmware.

I worked on uBITX firmware yesterday and customize wsjtx from today. I will introduce something interesting in a few days. If you are using digital mode, it will probably be interesting.

I also love FT8 and JT65

Ian KD8CEC

2018. 2. 1. 오후 5:19에 "Kari Syrjänen" <beaconhunter@...>님이 작성:
Ian's firmwares working great! I have been using then since version 0.25

Now running 0.33 and working 7MHz FT8-mode. Over 350 QSO.s in my logbook

TNX!

Kari OH5YW


--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)




--
73 Dave WI6R



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

K2ZSD - L. Ince
 

Tested newest manager and observe display problem with CW speed after changing.  Using stand alone Nano loaded with newest code. Still awaiting my uBITX, soon I hope.

Larry, K2ZSD

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

On Feb 1, 2018 5:01 PM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Thanks for your effort.
The Band frequency input of uBITX Manager is my mistake. I set the maximum input value too small.
I will fix it in the next version and upload it.
And I thought about two of them. The problem with step is to use 1 byte of eeprom.
In other words, when the maximum value is 255 and 500 is input, 500% is 256 = 254. I am thinking of a way to increase the value.

We will add an option to prevent the top line from appearing.
If you check the option, the call-out will appear as before.
I think you used uBITX Manager a lot. I think you have probably checked the Scroll display option.
The scroll display was created to show a lot of information in a small LCD of unmodified uBITX.
When other VFO frequency is scroll displayed, I am thinking of putting in the way of the previous call sign.

The next version will fix all issues.

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-02 2:33 GMT+09:00 David S via Groups.Io <dcsuk10@...>:
Ian

 I'm a late comer to your party, amazing code functionality, takes the radio to another lever with the CAT, especially for digital.   No issues with uploading to the radio, I figured out how to use Xloader, a really simple way of getting the right code into the radio. 

I've also more or less got to grips with the uBitx manager and have a few comments, I entered my callsign and set it to display (permanently) on the previous manager software, the latest version has the alternate VFO frequency displayed in the callsign position and wipes it out.  I can't see any way of stopping either the 2nd VFO frequency or the Step from displaying, it could do with a settings flag. 

There's also an anomaly in the code step function, probably I didn't read about the it correctly.  It works as expected, a little fiddly getting the correct function press time, however  when I entered 500Hz, it's accepted by the manager, it saves and recovers from disc correctly but is implemented as 244Hz by the radio.

A quick question about the band frequencies, the maximum frequency I can enter is 99999 (Hz), sometimes a read from the radio gives a sensible frequency 554970912 (Hz) & mode 1.  Sorry I just can't figure this at all.

The other oddie is that I would expect to be ably to read a configuration file from disc both with or without the radio being connected.  I find that I have to read from the radio to allow a backup to be read from the disc.

I can see that you've got the bit well and truly between your teeth, are there any plans to add functionality for a 4 line or any other display.

Best regards & many thanks for the sharing the huge increase in functionality. 

David  G8DJM



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Re: Diy oscilloscope #parts

Master Ice
 


Hi all.
 
Be warned these scopes are of absolutely NO use for RF work.
The bandwidth is 200KHz AT BEST!
No use whatsoever for RF work.
 
Also their reliability is very suspect as I know of 3 people who have built them and then, within a very short space of time they have failed and ended up in the bin.
 
Also if you go to the proper JYE TECH site forum there is a HUGE list of companies selliing FAKE JYE Tech DSO138 one of which is Sainsmart.
They also tell you how to identify the fakes.
 
as the old expression goes Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware)
 
Slim G4IPZ

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Vince Vielhaber
 

On 02/01/2018 05:58 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:
Yes, looks like the same. I got mine from Seeed. There are White,
Pink, Green, Blue.

They have long ones too.

I have a lot of them, also pill boxes. These are more expensive but
much better.

I have most all values of 0602 Resistors all hooked together. I used a
label program to print on small Avery type labels with the values.

My 99Cent store usually has several size labels in small packets.

Mike

https://www.seeedstudio.com/category/Small-Size-Components-Storage-Box-5-PCs-per-lot-blue-p-1169.html


On 2/1/2018 2:40 PM, M Garza wrote:
Or this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Component-Electronic-Components-Compartments-Disassemble/dp/B016RJ5AWA/ref=pd_sbs_60_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016RJ5AWA&pd_rd_r=1CQHP9ZK3Q1XBPF0DZHS&pd_rd_w=kGoo8&pd_rd_wg=sEiLB&psc=1&refRID=1CQHP9ZK3Q1XBPF0DZHS

Marco - KG5PRT

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:36 PM, M Garza <mgarza896@...
<mailto:mgarza896@...>> wrote:

Not sure if this is the same thing or not:
https://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Capacitor-Organizer-Storage-Compartments/dp/B008GDSGTK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1517524312&sr=8-6&keywords=smd+resistor+kit+1206
<https://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Capacitor-Organizer-Storage-Compartments/dp/B008GDSGTK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1517524312&sr=8-6&keywords=smd+resistor+kit+1206>

Marco - KG5PRT

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Roy Appleton
<twelveoclockhigh@... <mailto:twelveoclockhigh@...>>
wrote:

Mike, if you get a chance, would you provide a link example of
the spring load 1" boxes.

Thanks
Roy
WA0YMH

On Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...
<mailto:motdog@...>> wrote:

I am throwing away a bag of 0402s I have collected over
the years. I hate them!

I have 10s of thousands of SMDs. I have shoe boxes full.
Some of the "Pill" boxes at the 99Cent stores work OK.

I take a 100 at a time out of the strips so I can grab
them with tweezers out of pill boxes. I label the top
with a small avery label.

You can even get them for 5 or so pills a day and 7 days.
So 28 compartments in one small box. Some pill boxes are
so cheap, it is hard to open the flap lids. So I have
learned to buy just one for trial.

The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the
internet. They lock together in any size pattern. The
lids are clear and have a spring. You push the latch with
your tweezers and the lip flips up. Some vendors even
send the whole selection of resistors out in them. In
about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP


On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE


------------------------------------------------------------------------
*From:* Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io
<jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io>
<mailto:jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io>
*To:* BITX20@groups.io <mailto:BITX20@groups.io>
*Sent:* Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
*Subject:* Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said: I take a piece of printer paper and slit the
corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:
http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf
<http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf>
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for
30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a
large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:21 am, Tim Gorman wrote:

I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners
so I can fold it into a tray.


--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058 <tel:%28909%29%20918-0058>
PayPal ID "MotDog@..." <mailto:MotDog@...>
Mike@... <mailto:Mike@...>


--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Re: Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Vince Vielhaber
 

Replying to myself...

This is the one I like. Don't have one, I got some smd sample kits in binders, but I plan on getting one in the not too distant future.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOXALL-SMD-SMT-resistor-capacitor-storage-box-Organizer-1206-0805-0603-0402-020/170644661655?hash=item27bb36e597:g:gzUAAOSwoydWrdnM

Vince.

On 02/01/2018 06:35 PM, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
Those are discontinued, but these look the same if you don't mind the
wait from Hong Kong:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18PCS-SMT-SMD-Electronic-Components-Storage-Box-Case-Green/322972413407?hash=item4b32a7eddf:g:Pt8AAOSwW6BaSk4T


and you don't mind green!

Or better yet - LAST ONE! And in the US.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-pcs-SMD-SMT-Electronic-Parts-Mini-Storage-Box-High-Quality-and-Practical-Case/322821922019?hash=item4b29af9ce3:g:wtYAAOSwTlBZ3zKw


Vince.


On 02/01/2018 05:58 PM, Michael Hagen wrote:
Yes, looks like the same. I got mine from Seeed. There are White,
Pink, Green, Blue.

They have long ones too.

I have a lot of them, also pill boxes. These are more expensive but
much better.

I have most all values of 0602 Resistors all hooked together. I used a
label program to print on small Avery type labels with the values.

My 99Cent store usually has several size labels in small packets.

Mike

https://www.seeedstudio.com/category/Small-Size-Components-Storage-Box-5-PCs-per-lot-blue-p-1169.html



On 2/1/2018 2:40 PM, M Garza wrote:
Or this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Component-Electronic-Components-Compartments-Disassemble/dp/B016RJ5AWA/ref=pd_sbs_60_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016RJ5AWA&pd_rd_r=1CQHP9ZK3Q1XBPF0DZHS&pd_rd_w=kGoo8&pd_rd_wg=sEiLB&psc=1&refRID=1CQHP9ZK3Q1XBPF0DZHS


Marco - KG5PRT

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:36 PM, M Garza <mgarza896@...
<mailto:mgarza896@...>> wrote:

Not sure if this is the same thing or not:

https://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Capacitor-Organizer-Storage-Compartments/dp/B008GDSGTK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1517524312&sr=8-6&keywords=smd+resistor+kit+1206


<https://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Capacitor-Organizer-Storage-Compartments/dp/B008GDSGTK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1517524312&sr=8-6&keywords=smd+resistor+kit+1206>


Marco - KG5PRT

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Roy Appleton
<twelveoclockhigh@... <mailto:twelveoclockhigh@...>>
wrote:

Mike, if you get a chance, would you provide a link example of
the spring load 1" boxes.

Thanks
Roy
WA0YMH

On Feb 1, 2018 11:18 AM, "Michael Hagen" <motdog@...
<mailto:motdog@...>> wrote:

I am throwing away a bag of 0402s I have collected over
the years. I hate them!

I have 10s of thousands of SMDs. I have shoe boxes full.
Some of the "Pill" boxes at the 99Cent stores work OK.

I take a 100 at a time out of the strips so I can grab
them with tweezers out of pill boxes. I label the top
with a small avery label.

You can even get them for 5 or so pills a day and 7 days.
So 28 compartments in one small box. Some pill boxes are
so cheap, it is hard to open the flap lids. So I have
learned to buy just one for trial.

The deluxe way to go is the interlocking 1" boxes from the
internet. They lock together in any size pattern. The
lids are clear and have a spring. You push the latch with
your tweezers and the lip flips up. Some vendors even
send the whole selection of resistors out in them. In
about 1 ft Sq, you can get the whole range of 5% values.

73's

Mike, WA6ISP


On 2/1/2018 8:31 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
Good Lord! I can't even SEE 0402's!

Jack, W8TEE



------------------------------------------------------------------------

*From:* Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io
<jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io>
<mailto:jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io>
*To:* BITX20@groups.io <mailto:BITX20@groups.io>
*Sent:* Thursday, February 1, 2018 11:05 AM
*Subject:* Re: [BITX20] Care and Feeding of SMD Parts

Tim said: I take a piece of printer paper and slit the
corners so I can fold it into a tray.

I say:

http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf

<http://www.origami-fun.com/support-files/origami-box-print.pdf>
That way you don't have to dig around the workspace for
30 minutes to find the scotch tape.

When hand stuffing surface mount parts, working within a
large baker's cake tin
can somewhat restrain all them flying 0402's and Sot23's.



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 07:21 am, Tim Gorman wrote:

I take a piece of printer paper and slit the corners
so I can fold it into a tray.


--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058 <tel:%28909%29%20918-0058>
PayPal ID "MotDog@..." <mailto:MotDog@...>
Mike@... <mailto:Mike@...>


--
Mike Hagen, WA6ISP
10917 Bryant Street
Yucaipa, Ca. 92399
(909) 918-0058
PayPal ID "MotDog@..."
Mike@...

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Ian Lee
 

Thanks for your information.

i fixed you found bug now, and 1 more fixed. thanks again.
If you have any oddities, please email me anytime.

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-02 8:27 GMT+09:00 K2ZSD - L. Ince <K2ZSD@...>:

Tested newest manager and observe display problem with CW speed after changing.  Using stand alone Nano loaded with newest code. Still awaiting my uBITX, soon I hope.

Larry, K2ZSD

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid
On Feb 1, 2018 5:01 PM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Thanks for your effort.
The Band frequency input of uBITX Manager is my mistake. I set the maximum input value too small.
I will fix it in the next version and upload it.
And I thought about two of them. The problem with step is to use 1 byte of eeprom.
In other words, when the maximum value is 255 and 500 is input, 500% is 256 = 254. I am thinking of a way to increase the value.

We will add an option to prevent the top line from appearing.
If you check the option, the call-out will appear as before.
I think you used uBITX Manager a lot. I think you have probably checked the Scroll display option.
The scroll display was created to show a lot of information in a small LCD of unmodified uBITX.
When other VFO frequency is scroll displayed, I am thinking of putting in the way of the previous call sign.

The next version will fix all issues.

Ian KD8CEC

2018-02-02 2:33 GMT+09:00 David S via Groups.Io <dcsuk10@...>:
Ian

 I'm a late comer to your party, amazing code functionality, takes the radio to another lever with the CAT, especially for digital.   No issues with uploading to the radio, I figured out how to use Xloader, a really simple way of getting the right code into the radio. 

I've also more or less got to grips with the uBitx manager and have a few comments, I entered my callsign and set it to display (permanently) on the previous manager software, the latest version has the alternate VFO frequency displayed in the callsign position and wipes it out.  I can't see any way of stopping either the 2nd VFO frequency or the Step from displaying, it could do with a settings flag. 

There's also an anomaly in the code step function, probably I didn't read about the it correctly.  It works as expected, a little fiddly getting the correct function press time, however  when I entered 500Hz, it's accepted by the manager, it saves and recovers from disc correctly but is implemented as 244Hz by the radio.

A quick question about the band frequencies, the maximum frequency I can enter is 99999 (Hz), sometimes a read from the radio gives a sensible frequency 554970912 (Hz) & mode 1.  Sorry I just can't figure this at all.

The other oddie is that I would expect to be ably to read a configuration file from disc both with or without the radio being connected.  I find that I have to read from the radio to allow a backup to be read from the disc.

I can see that you've got the bit well and truly between your teeth, are there any plans to add functionality for a 4 line or any other display.

Best regards & many thanks for the sharing the huge increase in functionality. 

David  G8DJM



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)

Re: uBITX Firmware (CEC) 0.30 released (Test version). #ubitx

Joe
 

Ian,

Great work and very much appreciated for sharing your skills...

I have loaded your ubitx software and it is work very well.
It sure is nice to have cat control...

I just received a raspi p3 and a 3.5 and 5 inch touch display 
I am also looking forward to applying your Raspi pi touch interfacing with the ubitx and digital software WSJT-X. 

Would be nice to have a Pi as the touch control for the Ubitx?

73
Joe
VE1BWV

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Looks great!!!

I am now making fun with raspberry pi.
As soon as I first received uBITX, Wow! I thought I could make something fun with this. 
To do this, the first was to put the basic functions in uBITX. Like a regular radio.
And now I try to do some fun with Raspberry Pi.
I will notify you when it is released.

Ian KD8CEC


2018-02-02 6:35 GMT+09:00 Dave Bottom <ars.kd6az@...>:
Ian,

I'm enjoying the v0.33 and I now have my Raspbery Pi and TFT Touch Screen so I hope to give it a go this weekend to run FT8 with the uBITX!
This will be a new mode for me so an initially steep learning curve all the way around.


Dave WI6R



On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:40 AM, Ian Lee <kd8cec@...> wrote:
Kari

Thanks for using this firmware.

I worked on uBITX firmware yesterday and customize wsjtx from today. I will introduce something interesting in a few days. If you are using digital mode, it will probably be interesting.

I also love FT8 and JT65

Ian KD8CEC

2018. 2. 1. 오후 5:19에 "Kari Syrjänen" <beaconhunter@...>님이 작성:
Ian's firmwares working great! I have been using then since version 0.25

Now running 0.33 and working 7MHz FT8-mode. Over 350 QSO.s in my logbook

TNX!

Kari OH5YW


--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)




--
73 Dave WI6R



--
Best 73
KD8CEC / Ph.D ian lee
kd8cec@...
www.hamskey.com (my blog)


Re: Software support Request for Full QSK BITX40

Gary O'Neil
 

I agree... although every dB lost is also a loss in system gain.

Re: uBITX schema relay K1 #ubitx

Nick VK4PP
 

NIce idea, How to impliment it?
Easy to cut PCB tracks and use some jumpers?
I think pin 16 to GND may be difficult to get at...
Maybe remove the relay and extend the legs, give some space under for the new jumpers?
73, Nick