Date   
Re: New wiring diagram version

Adrien F4IJA
 

OK thanks Mark. It's still a work in progress but here is the version I've worked on yesterday evening. I've changed lot of texts and still going to improve !

--
73's
Adrien F4IJA
https://www.qrz.com/db/F4IJA

Re: UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

markix88@...
 

Yes i use ubitx manager but , if my master calibration value is 18 how i can add this value in the cal value in the software? 18 correspond to?
Thank you 
Mark

Re: UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

Nicholas Triantafyllou
 

It should save if you press in the rotary encoder once - have you tried that?

Thanks

Nicholas

Re: UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

markix88@...
 

I will try but i think i've tried also with encoder press; i follow this step: setup on , set calibration, zero beating with reference station like RWM, press PTT, setup off. On power on value is lost.
Thank u

Re: UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

Ian Reeve
 

I am sure you single push the encoder and not put to save settings


From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of markix88@... <markix88@...>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:40:46 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion
 
I will try but i think i've tried also with encoder press; i follow this step: setup on , set calibration, zero beating with reference station like RWM, press PTT, setup off. On power on value is lost.
Thank u

Re: Speaker connection on jack

_Dave_ K0MBT
 

I have hooked up the wires from the radio to the ring and tip of the socket and left the base float. That way the jack becomes insensitive and you can plug in stereo headphones and both sides work or an external speaker with a mono jack.

It is a good idea to solder the socket to a perf board and solder the wires to it. Will make the connection stronger. and have less stress on the socket.
--
73
Dave
k0mbt
http://veloliner.com/ham/k0mbtkey.pdf

Re: Speaker connection on jack

Jim Willis
 

Hi Dave,

 

I did the same on my uBITX speaker jack. It works but it was difficult to solder, and the end result is not very pretty.

 

The PCB is a great idea.

 

73,

 

Jim KX4TD

 

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of _Dave_ K0MBT
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:26 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Speaker connection on jack

 

I have hooked up the wires from the radio to the ring and tip of the socket and left the base float. That way the jack becomes insensitive and you can plug in stereo headphones and both sides work or an external speaker with a mono jack.

It is a good idea to solder the socket to a perf board and solder the wires to it. Will make the connection stronger. and have less stress on the socket.
--
73
Dave
k0mbt
http://veloliner.com/ham/k0mbtkey.pdf

BitX40

Roger Tuffin
 

I bought a BitX40 last week. Checking the contents on arrival, there is a 5 way connector which is supposed to plug in to a 5 way connector on the Raduino board. Except there is no 5 way connector on the board. I have emailed the firm querying how I am supposed to connect this but have not even received a bare acknowledgement of my email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roger, M0TJK

Re: BitX40

Vaughn
 

I too have one of these, great little builds but you do need to research.

Best instruction I've found is here

http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/

Best of luck Vaughn, M0VLK

Re: BitX40

Roger Tuffin
 

Thank you Vaughn.  I would agree with you but sadly, my Raduino connections are not like the one in the picture…. see picture below.

Roger, M0TJK


On 3 Sep 2019, at 6:30 pm, Vaughn <vlkteach@...> wrote:

I too have one of these, great little builds but you do need to research.

Best instruction I've found is here

http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/

Best of luck Vaughn, M0VLK

Re: BitX40

Jerry Gaffke
 

Roger,


All Raduino's are now built to be plugged into a uBitx, all that has changed is the connector.
(But note that the firmware loaded into the Raduino is different between Bitrx40 and uBitx.)
The 5 pin cable from a Bitx40 does work, just plug it into one side of the Raduino connector
as described in the above post.

Yes, this should be better documented up on hfsignals.com.
But they may feel that the diagram at the top of  http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/
is sufficient for most to blunder their way through somehow.
It does show which 5 pins your cable should connect to, and the orientation.

This is further described in post   https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/66263

Jerry, KE7ER


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 09:29 AM, Roger Tuffin wrote:
bought a BitX40 last week. Checking the contents on arrival, there is a 5 way connector which is supposed to plug in to a 5 way connector on the Raduino board. Except there is no 5 way connector on the board. I have emailed the firm querying how I am supposed to connect this but have not even received a bare acknowledgement of my email.

Re: BitX40

Paul KL7FLR
 

Roger, the Raduino connections are confusing but all is necessary is to plug the 5wire connector as show is the attach. Actually the extra connections will be useful for future mods. Works okay
Regards,
Paul

Re: UBitx v5 Not Saving Calibration or BFO adjustments with CEC v 1.20 Nextion

markix88@...
 

Can you explain? I tried with once push of the encoder but nothing changed

Re: Builder for Disabled

Eric Berman
 

Thom

I am with the Anne Arundel Radio Club and there are a few of us that are building the uBITx and the Jack AL board. If you would  like to join us please let me know. I am sure we could help you with the build.  

73

Eric 
KC3GDV


On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 11:59 AM Thom LaCosta <tlchost@...> wrote:
Are there any folks who build fir or willing to build for a disabled ham?  I have tremor which makes wielding a soldering tool and envornmental hazard.

thanks
thom k3hrn

Re: BitX40

Roger Tuffin
 

Hi Paul

Thanks for that.  So does the yellow wire go into the pin nearest the 575 handwritten on my board?  Only your board looks different to mine.  Also, what happens about connecting the volume control shown in the diagram.  I suppose with a circuit diagram I could trace what’s where, but I’m rather cross that they can’t be bothered to post the pinouts on the web site.

Roger, M0TJK

On 3 Sep 2019, at 7:21 pm, Paul KL7FLR <paulf657@...> wrote:

Roger, the Raduino connections are confusing but all is necessary is to plug the 5wire connector as show is the attach. Actually the extra connections will be useful for future mods. Works okay
Regards,
Paul <Raduino 5 pin plug.jpg>

Re: BitX40

Jerry Gaffke
 

The yellow wire goes to the pin at the end of the connector.
Pauls photo agrees with the "wiring up" drawing here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/
except that Paul is showing the backside of the board.

Note that the other end of the yellow wire goes nowhere at all.
But it has 12v on it, so I suggest you put a piece of tape over the end.
If that end brushes over the wrong spot, you can blow a part (or even many parts).
I suggest you put tape over the end of all unused wires.

The volume control is shown in that "wiring up" diagram linked to above,
the text has been clipped of to read "UME" instead of "VOLUME"

The Bitx40 schematic is here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/bitx40-circuit-description/
Under the schematic is a link to get a downloadable copy of the schematic,
unfortunately that link is open.

Yes, I agree.
The instructions on the website should be better, the website needs editing.
But you will have a working rig once you figure out those dozen or so wires,
and that is much easier than building most SSB Transceiver kits.

Jerry, KE7ER


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 02:59 PM, Roger Tuffin wrote:
Thanks for that.  So does the yellow wire go into the pin nearest the 575 handwritten on my board?  Only your board looks different to mine.  Also, what happens about connecting the volume control shown in the diagram.  I suppose with a circuit diagram I could trace what’s where, but I’m rather cross that they can’t be bothered to post the pinouts on the web site.
 

Re: BitX40

Roger Tuffin
 

Thank you Jerry.  I will take a look tomorrow.  

73

Roger, M0TJK


On 3 Sep 2019, at 11:29 pm, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

The yellow wire goes to the pin at the end of the connector.
Pauls photo agrees with the "wiring up" drawing here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/
except that Paul is showing the backside of the board.

Note that the other end of the yellow wire goes nowhere at all.
But it has 12v on it, so I suggest you put a piece of tape over the end.
If that end brushes over the wrong spot, you can blow a part (or even many parts).
I suggest you put tape over the end of all unused wires.

The volume control is shown in that "wiring up" diagram linked to above,
the text has been clipped of to read "UME" instead of "VOLUME"

The Bitx40 schematic is here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/bitx40-circuit-description/
Under the schematic is a link to get a downloadable copy of the schematic,
unfortunately that link is open.

Yes, I agree.
The instructions on the website should be better, the website needs editing.
But you will have a working rig once you figure out those dozen or so wires,
and that is much easier than building most SSB Transceiver kits.

Jerry, KE7ER


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 02:59 PM, Roger Tuffin wrote:
Thanks for that.  So does the yellow wire go into the pin nearest the 575 handwritten on my board?  Only your board looks different to mine.  Also, what happens about connecting the volume control shown in the diagram.  I suppose with a circuit diagram I could trace what’s where, but I’m rather cross that they can’t be bothered to post the pinouts on the web site.
 

Re: BitX40

Roger Tuffin
 

Sorry Jerry.  Looking at the schematic I meant tuning not volume.  Where do a connect the tuning pot on my board as I only have the 8 way connector other than the pins some of which I’m using for the 5 way connector?

Roger, M0TJK


On 3 Sep 2019, at 11:29 pm, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke@...> wrote:

The yellow wire goes to the pin at the end of the connector.
Pauls photo agrees with the "wiring up" drawing here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/
except that Paul is showing the backside of the board.

Note that the other end of the yellow wire goes nowhere at all.
But it has 12v on it, so I suggest you put a piece of tape over the end.
If that end brushes over the wrong spot, you can blow a part (or even many parts).
I suggest you put tape over the end of all unused wires.

The volume control is shown in that "wiring up" diagram linked to above,
the text has been clipped of to read "UME" instead of "VOLUME"

The Bitx40 schematic is here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/bitx40-circuit-description/
Under the schematic is a link to get a downloadable copy of the schematic,
unfortunately that link is open.

Yes, I agree.
The instructions on the website should be better, the website needs editing.
But you will have a working rig once you figure out those dozen or so wires,
and that is much easier than building most SSB Transceiver kits.

Jerry, KE7ER


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 02:59 PM, Roger Tuffin wrote:
Thanks for that.  So does the yellow wire go into the pin nearest the 575 handwritten on my board?  Only your board looks different to mine.  Also, what happens about connecting the volume control shown in the diagram.  I suppose with a circuit diagram I could trace what’s where, but I’m rather cross that they can’t be bothered to post the pinouts on the web site.
 
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#71633) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic


http://www.phonestack.com/farhan/bitx.html The original BITX
http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/bitx40/ BITX40 by HFSignals
http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/ubitx/ uBITX by HFSignals
https://amateurradiokits.in/store/ BITX Store by Sunil
http://ubitx.net/ BITX Web Site of Mike ZL1AXG
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/wiki/home Wiki
Your Subscription |

Re: BitX40

Jerry Gaffke
 

The 8 pin connector plugs into the top of the Raduino as shown here:
    http://www.hfsignals.com/index.php/2017/11/23/wiring-up-the-bitx40/
and the green,purple,yellow wires from that connector are soldered to the tuning pot.

Make sure all the spare wires from that 8 pin connector have tape over the ends.
There have been several instances here where a Nano on the Raduino was destroyed
when one of those wire ends hit something with 12v on it, perhaps the IRF510 heatsink.

Jerry


On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 04:03 PM, Roger Tuffin wrote:
Sorry Jerry.  Looking at the schematic I meant tuning not volume.  Where do a connect the tuning pot on my board as I only have the 8 way connector other than the pins some of which I’m using for the 5 way connector?
 
Roger, M0TJK

the mighty uBITX wispers loudly (as in WSPR digital mode) in 4th place for 2 way spot reports #antennas #cat

Don - KM4UDX
 

We all love our uBITX.  Did you know the uBITX makes a wicked good digital mode beacon station using WSJT-X's cool beacon mode called WSPR? Well it does.  We have a uBITX tied for 4th place in world-wide 2 way spot reports.  Note that the other folks in the top seed have expensive professional gear and full power. Our uBITX is running with the bulls and keeping pace with only moderate/QRP power.

Sterling performance credit goes to the CEC-based CAT control, WSJT-X's ability to direct band hops, and the generally excelent TX and RX performance of the uBITX design. On RX in particular, the uBITX has proven to be a world class receiver of digital modes -- the rig has very good ears and audio circuits. 

Here are the top 10 in deceding order of 2 way spot reports. The mightly uBITX is in 4th place (km4udx).  The number of 2 way reports per band is shown next.  Clearly the uBITX will work on more bands, but my antenna is the limiting factor.  For example, last month I worked 160 with my 80-10 DIY OCFD.  While the SWR was about >34,857, I kept the power down to 1 watt, and got a handfull of 2 way spot reports at medium distance. So 160m with no low pass band filter and no real antenna is no reason not to communicate. hahah. 

All hail the mighty wispering band hopping uBITX!


Yes I have cherry picked the data, but I get to do that. hahah

Don
km4udx