Date   
Re: Mike element

Ken Held KF7DUR
 

Kevin,

Mouser# 665-AOM-5024L-HD-R
Digi-Key# 668-1596-ND
MFG# AOM-5024L-HD-R

Ken

Re: Mike element

Ken Held KF7DUR
 

Art,

I didn't measure the output before replacing the element.
I compared it to a microphone from a GE commercial radio and it was much lower with the original, now the audio sounds very close.

Ken

Re: Mike element

Arv Evans
 

Ken

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if there was a generic problem with elements
used in the Baofeng microphones, or if yours was an anomaly?  May have to order
one just so I can test it.

Measuring the electret microphone output in typical BITX radio circuits seems to
indicate that most elements from on-line dealers put out around 45 millivolts as
measured with an oscilloscope.  Of course this will vary with circuit changes and
with different loading factors.

Arv


On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 11:09 AM Ken Held KF7DUR via Groups.Io <kf7dur=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Art,

I didn't measure the output before replacing the element.
I compared it to a microphone from a GE commercial radio and it was much lower with the original, now the audio sounds very close.

Ken

Re: uBitx Modulation only lows no highs in frequency response

jim
 



On Sunday, July 22, 2018, 6:20:06 AM PDT, RCC WB5YYM <curtis03@...> wrote:


With my radio/engineering skills very much lacking, I probably don't even need to be trying to contribute to this conversation,


Just a note ...

This is what the recieve passband looked like on my ubitx as recieved from the 'factory'

Jim

Re: Windows Serial Port Problem

James Kerns <jamesjkerns@...>
 

This same W10 update issue (honey, I lost my comm ports) happened to me twice (how dumb am I?).
Well the second time I was prepared and rolled back to the previous
version.Rolling back is my suggestion.  I also changed a W10 setting (somewhere) to never update
again. Now who's dumb? 

best, 73, j/KM4UFN


On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Jim Lommel <wd8rwi@...> wrote:
I was completely wrong about there being a download manager for Win 10.  Microsoft has changed to a service model from a subscription model and now you have no control over what updates get installed and what don't get installed other than not be connected to the internet.  My understanding it that this was done so all extant Win 10 installations are the same  instead of there being millions of different installations.

Does anyone else have information about how MS is 

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Jim Lommel <wd8rwi@...> wrote:
I would guess that the install went badly.  I think that there is a program called Windows Update manager that you should look at and see ifit will allow you to uninstall the update.  I also think that there is a setting in th Update Manager that you can set to not automatically install updates.

73,

Jim
WD8RWI

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Albert Woodhull <n1aw@...> wrote:
A few days ago my Windows 10 installation got updated, without asking me, of course.  I stepped away from the computer for a while and when
I came back updates were being installed.

I think my USB port drivers were changed.  When I try to run the KD8CEC Memory Manager or to upload a newly compiled  ubitx_20 version
I do not see the COM4 port any more. The Windows Device Manger shows an "Unusable Parallel Port (LPT3) where I previously saw a COM4
Serial Port.

Does anyone know what happened or how to undo it?

- Al N1AW






Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

mtrager1@...
 

I am back troubleshooting my uBITx build and am still trying to get the receiver sounding normal.

I was able to use values that other had great success with and now I am at the point where I need to fine tune the pitch setting.

However when I go to confirm the pitch setting the pitch shifts back to where it was before or to another setting! Even when I connect the usb cable
to my computer I notice an eventual pitch change...

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks  73's Michael

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI
 

Hi Michael!
What firmware are you using?
In case you use Ian's firmware I will tell you what I have done to get my uBitX calibrated.
Please let me know and I will try to help.
73,
--
Ion

VA3NOI

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

mtrager1@...
 

Hi Ion,

I am using the latest from KD8CEC 1.08.

I can get the receiver to sound ok until I try to save it!

Thank you,

Michael n2zdb

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

Ralph Mowery
 

I thought I read somewhere after you get the frequency set you have to turn the ubitx off and then back on to save the settings.


On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 3:34 PM, <mtrager1@...> wrote:
Hi Ion,

I am using the latest from KD8CEC 1.08.

I can get the receiver to sound ok until I try to save it!

Thank you,

Michael n2zdb


Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

mtrager1@...
 

It says PTT to confirm.

I think the number is changing but not the pitch.

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

mtrager1@...
 

I can change the vfo on the ubitx and it is 270Hz off.

K3 output on 28400000

UBitX             28400270 for natural pitch

Why does the pitch go back and forth when I try to save it?

Michael n2zdb

Re: Mike element

Kevin Rea
 

Thank you Ken.

 

kevin

 

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ken Held KF7DUR via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:56 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Mike element

 

Kevin,

Mouser# 665-AOM-5024L-HD-R
Digi-Key# 668-1596-ND
MFG# AOM-5024L-HD-R

Ken

[VK3 Event] Bring your Bitx/uBitx - Melbourne QRP by the Bay 28 July

Peter Parker
 

Every few months we have a QRP and homebrew gathering at Chelsea beach near Melbourne. 

The next is this Saturday, July 28, 3pm near the lifesaving club. 

This time we're having a "Bring your Bitx (or uBitx)" theme.  

So if you have a Bitx/uBitx or are curious about them it could be worth coming along if you're in the area. 

Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/1561847453926084/?notif_t=event_aggregate&notif_id=1532290431385991

73, Peter VK3YE

NEXTION 4.3" Basic & Enhanced now Supported

Björn Pasteuning
 

Hi all

I Like to share my rebuild version of the KD8CEC / KN4UD nextion version.

The 4.3" Basic and Enhanced displays are now supported.

It is a mix of KD8CEC/KN4UD and my PD5DJ
Menu's and all screens are redone, cleaned up and aligned.

https://groups.io/g/BITX20/files/PD5DJ/unitx_43_PD5DJ.rar

--
73' Björn de PD5DJ
www.pd5dj.nl

Re: Screen showing only blocks ?

Bill KC5SB
 

Chuck, don't feel like you are alone.  I did the exact same thing, and have a similar post in this forum to prove it!

73,

Bill

Re: [VK3 Event] Bring your Bitx/uBitx - Melbourne QRP by the Bay 28 July

Nick VK4PP
 

Hi Peter VK3YE

Ill try listen out for you on the Bitx frequency 7177. maybe just maybe we can QSO...

73 Nick VK4pln

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI
 

I will explain what I did and it worked for me.
Turn ON the radio with the function (encoder push button) pressed and hold it.
Watch the screen for messages to reset to factory defaults.
Last thing it will ask you is to turn off the radio and back on again (power reset). Do it. Connect your antenna.
You are now at the beginning of the calibration.
Go to settings and enable them (if the message on the screen reads "setup on? press the encoder push switch).
Set the radio on 30m (10.100 MHz) and rotate the encoder until you are on 10.000 MHz
Press the encoder again and now, after "exit menu?" you will have more options in the menu. 
First option in setup menu, after "Exit menu?" is "Set Calibration?". Select that and zero beat the carrier. You have to spend some time there until you hear the voice and the voice should sound decent. When you are happy with the result press PTT and after a second or two do a power reset (Radio off and on again).
Select a band where you have activity and tune to a station that is not very strong.
Enable again Setup menu as above. Enter setup and go to "Set the BFO". Select that option by pressing the encoder push switch.
Your BFO frequency should be around 11.997 MHz. Adjust the BFO to get the natural sound. Press PTT when you are happy with the result and do a last power reset.
Try to find a broadcast SW station (in my case I can hear a broadcast station on 7.210 MHz in the evenings). Check that you cannot hear the carrier and there is no difference in the reception sound if you switch the mode from LSB to USB.
It only took me 10 minutes to have it done and I am happy with the result.
Good luck and 73,
--
Ion

VA3NOI

Re: [VK3 Event] Bring your Bitx/uBitx - Melbourne QRP by the Bay 28 July

Glenn
 

I will try to be there Peter

glenn - vk3pe

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

W2CTX
 

Please state what firmware and version you are using when stating a problem or explaining how something works.

There are numerous versions now in circulation.


rOn

On July 22, 2018 at 7:08 PM "Ion Petroianu, VA3NOI" <ion.petroianu@...> wrote:

I will explain what I did and it worked for me.
Turn ON the radio with the function (encoder push button) pressed and hold it.
Watch the screen for messages to reset to factory defaults.
Last thing it will ask you is to turn off the radio and back on again (power reset). Do it. Connect your antenna.
You are now at the beginning of the calibration.
Go to settings and enable them (if the message on the screen reads "setup on? press the encoder push switch).
Set the radio on 30m (10.100 MHz) and rotate the encoder until you are on 10.000 MHz
Press the encoder again and now, after "exit menu?" you will have more options in the menu. 
First option in setup menu, after "Exit menu?" is "Set Calibration?". Select that and zero beat the carrier. You have to spend some time there until you hear the voice and the voice should sound decent. When you are happy with the result press PTT and after a second or two do a power reset (Radio off and on again).
Select a band where you have activity and tune to a station that is not very strong.
Enable again Setup menu as above. Enter setup and go to "Set the BFO". Select that option by pressing the encoder push switch.
Your BFO frequency should be around 11.997 MHz. Adjust the BFO to get the natural sound. Press PTT when you are happy with the result and do a last power reset.
Try to find a broadcast SW station (in my case I can hear a broadcast station on 7.210 MHz in the evenings). Check that you cannot hear the carrier and there is no difference in the reception sound if you switch the mode from LSB to USB.
It only took me 10 minutes to have it done and I am happy with the result.
Good luck and 73,
--
Ion

VA3NOI

Re: Receive pitch shifts when confirming.... #arduino #ubitx #ubitx-help

mtrager1@...
 

Ion,

Thank you for your help.I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I was not able to zero beat the carrier from WWV on 10MHz (there was no null or center).

I also may have deleted the default values when using the KD8CEC Memory Manager. What default values do you use?

One guy used a Master Cal of 143000 and USB Cal of 11996200 which worked fairly well except for the 270 Hz error which I couldn't correct.

Will let you know tomorrow....

73's Michael
n2zdb