Re: V6.1 Blown output transistors and pcb trace #v6 #ubitxv6-help

A Schwarz <ve7dxw@...>

[BITX20] V6.1 Blown output transistors

very disappointed with the design of the PA which lacks a thermal compensation circuit and is not stable. This is a fundamental design error and the unts are useless.

If it blew up it is not your fault and you should be able to get your money back, but no luck.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 6:31 PM A Schwarz <ve7dxw@...> wrote:
I feel sorry for all the people that bought the unit.
There is a circuit design issue with the unit and it should not be sold.

Since it is a do it yourself project the dealer (GigaParts) won't return the money either.

But on the Gigs pats reviews it has 5 stars, what a scam!

Alex

On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 4:09 PM A Schwarz via groups.io <ve7dxw=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Singe ended PA are still having a heat issue and are very noisy - not recommended

Check this link, I solved the issue with the BangGood amp.
https://www.qsl.net/rf-seismograph/downloads/Building the MOSFET amp from Banggood.pdf

the mod requires the use of a NTC and that both transistors are on one heatsink