Re: V6.1 Blown output transistors and pcb trace #v6 #ubitxv6-help

Siegfried Jackstien

wire the pa separate ... use for first smoke (bench) test a current regulated bench psu

(either for onlys pa section or just for the complete rig)

if current is too high (blown final or a dead short somewhere) you will not burn up the traces

dg9bfc sigi

Am 16.11.2021 um 00:09 schrieb Stan Mason:

Thanks for the suggestions, Evan.  It’s good to know about the file from VU2ZAP (great call!) and I believe I’m in good shape with the repaired trace.  We’ll see…

Thanks for comment Sigi.  I’m sure the commenter who mentioned higher pa voltage appreciates it.  I’m interested in that sort of mod - eventually - but now it’s just getting it transmit without blowing the finals. :-)

73 Stan K3PW