Re: Ubitx v6 as SOTA - Set freezes on TX #ubitxv6-help

nickredmayne@...

Thanks Ted,

I am the manufacturer of my antenna, which consists of a camera tripod, a mounting bracket, a variable coil, a 9ft telescopic whip (or an Ampro 20m whip) and a counterpoise wound on a camping washing line reel.

Both set-ups work without issue when mounted on the car (counterpoise or radials negated by the car itself).

I did think about shielding the v6 in a case, then I couldn't understand why the metal case already employed was not sufficient.

I'm going to slap some ferrite beads on coax and see if that fixes the problem. I have built a choke for my home End Fed Half Wave, so I may try that too.

Thanks very much.

Best,