Homebrew is alive and well in Vienna Virginia #homebrew

Dean Souleles

Hi all -

Some exciting news to share...

20 members of the Vienna Wireless Society Maker's Group are building a 100% scratch-built SSB transceiver based on N6QW, Pete Juliano's SimpleSSB, which I completed last year.  Not a bitX, but a close relative.  Pete's design using only 10 transistors combined with an Arduino/SI5351 controller.  I've extended to include CAT control, a Nextion touch screen, and made it a dual bander for 20 and and 40.  Since completing the rig last year I've worked stations on phone and digital all over the world.  This is a fun project for anyone wanting to build a transceiver from scratch.

I started the group build about six weeks ago and the first of our maker's got the receiver chain working just this week.  Read all about it and see videos and pictures of the in-progress build on my blog

https://kk4das.blogspot.com/2021/04/homebrew-lives-furlough-40-simplessb.html

73,
Dean
KK4DAS