USB control fldigi/flrig from Linux with stock v6 firmware #arduino #raduino #ubitxv6

mikebw+groupsio@...

With stock firmware on the uBITX v6, is there any easy way to configure rig control over the USB port? I see numerous posts saying that flrig should work configured to expect the radio to emulate a Yaesu FT-817, but it's not clear to me if that requires the KD8CEC alternative firmware.

Using a good quality Monoprice cable to plug into the mini-B jack on the back of the radio, device "/dev/ttyUSB0" appears as expected and I have permissions to access it. Linux sees it as a QinHeng CH340 chip, something known to work with similar cables in other situations (such as Baofeng radio programming with CHIRP). No matter what I try for settings, including type of radio and bit rate, flrig is unable to connect to anything.

My Linux is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and both fldigi v4.1.16 and flrig v1.3.52 are installed from Flathub.