Re: Are all the Bitx version fundamentally the same?

Eli, KO4LGS

Robert,
This is how I set up for FT8. I haven't tried much else. All of this is on a windows PC...although I have a rasperry Pi I may switch to.

I am doing the following:
1. Installed WSJT-X- https://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx.html
2. Installed a timesynctool- https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/wsjt-x-and-setting-windows-10-clock-seconds.592212/
3. Connect uBITX to PC via USB cable
   3a. Check Device Manager for COM port
4. Connect uBITX to PC via USB Sound Card- uBITX Mic to PC Earphone/uBITX speaker (front panel) to PC Mic
  4a. I had to "customize" the Audio cable from the USB soundcard to uBITX- https://groups.io/g/BITX20/message/84452
5. Turn On uBITX (with antenna connected)
6. Check Settings (configuration) in WSJT-X-
  6.a Radio
    Rig: Yaesu FT-817
    Serial Port: COM8 (based on step 3, not that this can change if you plug in to a USB hub instead)
     Baud: 38400
     Data Bits, Stop Bits, Handshake- All Default
     PTT Method; CAT
     Mode: USB
    Split Operation: Rig
    PTT method: CAT
  6b. Audio
   Input: USB Sound (step 4)
   Speakers: USB Sound  (step 4)
7. Cross fingers....

Actually, this worked well. WSJT is doing the PTT no trouble. I probably could have used the sound ports on my PC as well, but I had the USB device lying around, and could limit the sounds going to it while still hearing my PC through regular audio.

Contact me if you need more information.

Regards,
Eli
KO4LGS