Re: no audio beyond very quiet static #v6 #ubitxv6 #ubitxv6-help

Jerry Gaffke

Yes, get the receiver working first.

Here's an old video Farhan created to show how to take a meter of wire as an antenna to
pick up local QRN around the house, and strobe that wire to each stage of the receiver
progressing back from the audio amp until you reach a point where it no longer
makes scratchy noises in the audio.  That tells you about where the problem is.
    http://bitxhacks.blogspot.com/2016/12/troubleshooting-bitx40.html
The video is about the old Bitx40, but should work on the uBitx too.

Though first look for obvious stuff.  Maybe a wire broke off of your volume control?
Maybe a wiring harness got plugged back into the board wrong?
Are the RX stages getting 12v power?
Note that the audio amp is powered from "12V", other receiver stages from "RX", but only when receiving.

If you replaced the PA transistors and now the receiver doesn't work,
sounds like you must have touched something else in the process.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:36 AM, John Scarlett wrote:
Total loss of power output occurred 1st that Is why I replaced the PA transistors.
As it seemed likely that I'd blown my finals I replaced both with genuine RD16HHF1's.
After doing this I had no audio beyond very quiet static so also replaced audio chip and checked TX/RX relay.
Still no sound beyond very quiet static so didn't even try to TX.
Any ideas what else it could be would be appreciated?

73
John M7CPT