Re: bitx20 3C SBL - Bandpass filter inductor issue

Pirok-W4UNX

I believe the pins went in okay (it was close to 4 years ago now that I started this project) but that is worth exploring. Just to be triply sure, I removed all solder off the cans/leads one at a time and reflowed them all. Now, as I sit here typing this, the fact that pressing on the cans and wiggling them changes the behavior, I may need to just take them apart and check out the internal connections. No sense putting it back in the case and taking it out if there is a bigger issue.

Thank you Mark! A big thank you to Sunil as well!
Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Jason Pirok

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:57 AM Mark - N7EKU <n7eku@...> wrote:
Hi Jason,

What capacitors do you have in the filter?  It is suggested to use the 33pF value as higher values might not give enough range on the inductors.

When the filter is adjusted correctly, normally the cores will be up near the top of the shield can -- not near the bottom.

Did they go into the boards OK?  Sometimes the pins get pushed into the forms when the inductors are pushed into the board.  If that happens, the thin winding wires may break off the pins.

73,

Mark

--
Jason Pirok