Re: IRF510 sale

Ted

"Power from the 16db 2n3904 based driver stages falls off as the frequency goes up.
That may well be more of a factor than the IRF510's in your "much less on the higher bands".

I concur with Jerry and did follow Allison's lead that band performance upstairs can be improved by swapping 2N2222 cans for the original pre driver & driver 3904's with resistor halving as suggested.

I've done that on one board and have been happy. On a separate board, I put in one 2N5109 for each pair of 3904's. That works especially well with 20v on the finals.  I'm getting around 20-25W SSB on 20 meters, and maybe 15 -20 on 80 & 40.

Ted
K3RTA