Re: Yet another Chernobyl IRF510 "event" #ubitx

Ted

What Arv said, above. Please, gentlemen, try to appreciate that we all have something going on in our lives besides amateur radio.  

We're in this together, part of one humanity, and on the same team after all.  

-ted
k3rta

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 17:04, Arv Evans
<arvid.evans@...> wrote:
Most members of the group are tolerant of those who need help with their 
BITX builds and operation.  Most are also willing to help, even when those 
needing help are not graduate electrical engineers.  But occasionally the 
frustration level becomes too high and communication breaks down.  
Unfortunately egos can get in the way at both ends of the technology 
envelope.  Please try to keep things cordial and friendly.

Arv 
_._

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 1:20 PM MadRadioModder <madradiomodder@...> wrote:

Ok.  You are on your own.  And… please don’t ask me for help in the future.

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> On Behalf Of IW4AJR Loris
Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2020 2:01 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Yet another Chernobyl IRF510 "event" #ubitx

Hey great genius !!! how are you ?

Unfortunately I only have a pair of 100 and 400 MHz oscilloscopes from TEK, a spectrum analyzer that only reaches 1.8 GHz from TEK with Traking generator, a Synthesized Function Generators from 1µHz to 30 MHz from Stanford, a couple of Frequenzimeter one 1.3 GHz (Racal) and one 2.8 GHz Fluke, a TEK Rubidium frequency sample, a 100 KHz to 512 MHz RF Generator from HP, a pair of RF millivometers (Racal and Philips), a Bolometer HP and some other toys ...

I've only been designing RF electronics and microprocessors for 50 years and I'm probably not at your genius intellectual altitude! , but I keep saying it's stupid to try to achieve the impossible from a QRP ...

Hello genius! I measured the µBITX in every way, almost even inside the chips !!!! and I have come to the conclusion of buying another QRP KIT which, at least on paper, is certainly much more suitable for my purposes and moreover less expensive !!!!!

just measure your millivolts on the Gate of your µBITX, I have other things to do!

Ciao Loris IW4AJR!

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 08:25 PM, MadRadioModder wrote:

Something is not right and speculating what’s wrong isn’t worth a cup of coffee.  Do you have any test equipment at your disposal… like a scope?  Using that to debug the RF chain starting at Q90 will be of most benefit.   The rest of us can help you with the appropriate voltages and wave forms at each RF amplification stage.  In other words use some science rather than throwing a bigger heat sink at it.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

--

…_. _._

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.