Re: uBitx v5 issue

Bob Lunsford

Correction: ...a 3/4-in square heat radiator attached to the regulator....

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 10:38:02 PM EST, Bob Lunsford via groups.io <nocrud222@...> wrote:

Don't recall if my V6 had one but I remember seeing a picture of the regulator and it had a about a 3/4-in square heat regulator attached to the regulator. If one is in your parts drawer, I think it would be wise to attach it to the regulator. Or, you could bend up a small strip of aluminum and make one. No real danger of shorting and no need to insulate it from the tab. It would provide peace of mind when the regulator heats up and most of the heat is drawn away and dissipated.

Bob — KK5R

On Monday, November 23, 2020, 5:03:34 PM EST, Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy@...> wrote:

Bill

great you are checking these things as you assemble.  do examine the schematic and you will see what Jerry is citing - funny thing I was once worried as you!  oh yes - when you power up and touch the regulator on the raduino - don't be alarmed when you discover it is quite warm.  and that your BFO calibration may be way off.

welcome to the global bitx community.  73

curt