Re: Alternative Calibration Procedure uBITx v6

Gordon Gibby

This is a simple & free method because almost all digital receiving software (FLDGI, etc) accurately measure the audio freq beat tone far in excess of your needs.

On Nov 19, 2020, at 17:35, iz oos <and2oosiz2@...> wrote:

Repeat the same on other time signals such as 10 15mhz and beyond when propagation is in a good mood

Il gio 19 nov 2020 04:13 AM Mark Erbaugh <mark.election@...> ha scritto:
Following the calibration procedure for my v6, I had trouble zero beating a carrier, so I tried a modified approach that seems to work better for me. With the radio in LSB mode, I tuned 1 kHz above WWV at 5 MHz. WWV's carrier thus creates a 1 kHz tone. I used a program with an audio waterfall (I used FLDIGI) and adjusted the uBITx's tuning calibration until the tone was at 1 kHz.

73,
Mark