Re: My son's QRM/RFI

Bob Lunsford

It could be something as simple as a bad connection somewhere nearby that acts as a mixer for other frequencies and then gets re-transmitted. Finding it and getting it repaired is not going to be easy, if this is what's happening.

Bob — KK5R

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 8:33:56 PM EST, Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy@...> wrote:

Good approach. Except for overwhelming the front end, I don't sense 5G and cell tower being the major effects. But I am only aware that their RF is much higher than HF. My brief experience setting up HF is a high rise is everyone's cabke box, routers, TV sets etc may be the overwhelming source. I remember many of the birdies are unstable oscillators that slowly drift around. Many with those limits operate sota, pota etc to get away from that stuff when weather allows.

73 curt